Part II : Chapter XXX

Part Two: Chapter Thirty.

Astryd's Rescue.

       Loki stood on the roof of Stark building, gazing up at the portal that was opened just moments ago. A smug look was plastered onto his face, his infamous light green eyes glowing with anticipation for his victory. Watching the Chituari slip through endlessly, he could actually see it happening. He could almost taste his victory at the tip of his tongue. If he won, he wouldn't need to worry about Thanos anymore. He'd be proven worthy of a throne -and most importantly-, he'd be free.

    The Chituari below him began to shoot at anyone and anything, causing the civilizians to scurry around and run for cover in panic. Although, it was no use. No one was safe now. The city of Manhattan reeked of chaotic destruction, and at the rate the Chituari were going -with no one stopping them-, there would no longer be a Manhattan.

     So close, Loki thought with a smrik. It promptly faded as he heard the sound of someone landing behind him. He turned around to see an infuriated Thor. Yet so far...

      "Loki!" Thor bellowed. "Turn off the tesseract or I'll destroy it."

    “You can’t.” Loki snapped, pointing his scepter towards Thor. He was preprared to shoot Thor if he had to. Just like he was prepared to kill Astryd earlier. “There is no stopping it. There is only…war.”

   “So be it.” Thor growled, his grip on mjolnir tightening. Loki may be his brother, but he just crossed the line. Thor was not going to let personal matter interfere with what's right. He had to think like a king. An innocent world over his brother, Loki.

     Loki let out a growl of his own and attacked Thor. He managed to move just in time, avoiding Loki's blow. Both of them engaged in a heavy fight, each one of them determined to win and not give up. 

**

    "I've got location of Astryd. Anybody copy?" Tony said, using his earpiece to communicate with the others. Tony still couldn't believe how easily Loki had let her location slip. Tony, himself, would've gone to Astryd, if it weren't for Loki throwing him out the window before he could even try.

**

   Steve, Natasha and Clint were aboard on one of the jets they borrowed from S.H.I.E.L.D. Natasha and Clint both co-piloted meanwhile Steve stood behind them, gazing out through the windshield. His foot tapped in anitcipation as he saw the destruction occurring. He froze, his body tensing up at the mention of Astryd.

   "I copy." Steve instantly replied, his hold on the rail beside him tightening. Worry reigned over him, wondering if Astryd was now on Loki's side. It was no secret that she loved her brother, despite all the wrong he's done to her, and it was also no secret that she would do anything for him. "What's her status?"