Part II : Chapter XXIV

Part Two: Chapter Twenty-Four.

 Secrets and Jealousy.

               "I would love to, but I hate to say that we're kind of stuck in this place." I replied a small smile forming onto my face. If only we could actually get out of this place. We could, actually. I could use my powers...but we shouldn't, especially not now when the world is at risk. Not only that but Fury would live up to his name if we did.

                    "You're right. I didn't think about that." He said with a slight frown.

               "It doesn't mean we can't walk around? I mean, this helicarrier is big and spacious enough..." I trailed off. The frown left his face and he stared at me with a small smile. I stood up and pushed in my chair. "Well, what are you waiting for?"

                    Steve stood up, towering over me and motioning for me to lead the way. Honestly, I didn't even know where I was headed to. I was just going wherever my legs took me and Steve followed. "Is everything alright?" I asked.

                     "Why wouldn't it be?" Steve answered with a question, his shoulder brushing mine as he came in step with me.

                   "It's only been weeks since you've woken up and you're already being thrown into another war."

                    "I'm okay. Nothing I haven't done before. Are you okay?"

                  "Other than the fact that Loki is set on taking over the world and Thor wanting me to go back to Asgard, I'm okay."

                   "Are you...going back to Asgard?" Steve abruptly asked, coming to a stop and just staring at me. His ocean blue eyes were wide and his eyebrows rose. Am I going back to Asgard? I honestly don't know.

                   "I don't really have an answer yet. Can we talk about something else, though? Please. I'm tired of all my family drama and I'm really in need of a distraction." I begged, drawling out my 'please'. I even stood in front of him, pressing my palms together with a childish pleading grin.

                 "Sure." Steve nodded wrapping his arm around my shoulders and pulling me into his side with a smile. I shoved him away from me playfully and he only chuckled. "Did I ever tell you that I punched Hitler two-hundred times?"

                  "Interesting." I mumbled turning the other way so he wouldn't see the grin on my face. I knew all about that...

                  "I just told you that I punched one of the most powerful leaders during my time and that's all you have to say?"

                   I turned to him and tried my best to hold in my laughter. "I've watched your videos, Steve."

                 "You have?" He mumbled, smiling as a small blush crept up in his cheeks. I nodded, remembering. After I had met Steve, I was curious to know more about him so I went to one of his biggest fans: Agent Coulson. He told me a lot about Steve, showed me old pictures of him, and showed me some of the videos in which he would perform. It was a bit surprising and amusing at the same time.