07: The Chunin Exams

Naruto stood on the branch of the tree as Kakashi explained the details of the Chunin Exams to his genin. All he knew was that it was somewhat similar to the S rank test. 

Once he was done, Naruto jumped down as Kakashi shunshined away. He walked over to Sasuke and tapped his shoulder.

"Sasuke! Walk with me" Naruto said.

Sasuke followed him, wondering what the older teen wanted from him. 

"Look. Some days I wont be there to train you. The only way that I can train you nearly everyday is that you leave Konoha with me. You don't have to of course. I see that you have tons of people that want to be with you so it would be natural if you didn't want to come with me" Naruto said.

"I will go with you" Sasuke replied.

"Fine then, but every few months or weeks we will come back to Konoha to go visit your friends. I believe that friends and bonds with them are the things that make you strong" Naruto said.

Sasuke nodded. As long as he can avenge the Uchiha Clan, then it was good enough for him. Naruto would be the key to his revenge.

"Let go of him!" 

Naruto's ears pricked as he and Sasuke looked over to the source of the voice.

"You hear that?" Sasuke asked. 

Naruto nodded and started to run towards the sounds with Sasuke close behind. 

Konohamaru was doing nothing, but playing with Nami-nee and his friends until he bumped into a guy dressed in black. Man was he intimidating! 

The guy in black lifted him up and growled, "Hey punk! That hurt!"

The girl behind him looked worried before saying, "Hey Kankuro! He's gonna-"

"He's not here now!" Kankuro interrupted.

"Hey, let go of him!" A voice sounded. 

It was rough and gravelly, but at the same time...it was warm and comforting. Just like the sun.

"And why should I do that?" Kankuro said cockily. 

Suddenly Konohamaru was dropped as the guy in black was kicked away. He looked at his savior. He had sapphire eyes, and a mask that only left his eyes open. He had golden sun hair and had an outfit somewhat similar to the anbu outfit. 

He looked back to see the guy in black in a crater in the ground. 

"W-wow" He whispered as he looked back at the person who had saved him.

To his surprise, the only thing he saw were leaves floating to the ground.

-------------

"Sasuke, be prepared for the next exams. Use what I have taught you so far. When the final exams come, rip this leaf" Naruto said before giving him an orange leaf. 

"Ok, but how do you know if there are final exams?" Sasuke asked. 

When he got no response he looked up, but found nothing but air.

-----------

Naruto slammed the doors open where he found the guild members fighting as usual.

"Hey guys! I brought some newbies!" Naruto yelled cheerfully as he pushed Zabuza and Haku foward, "Their names are Zabuza and Haku!"

"Hi Zabuza and Haku!" Everyone said, pausing to look at them before fighting each other again. 

Zabuza and Haku sweat dropped before following Naruto to get their tattoos on.

"Fight me old man!" Natsu screamed in his ear.

Suddenly a wave of magic over came the guild as people started dropping down, one by one, sleeping on the ground.

"Whats...happening?" Lucy asked before falling onto the floor.

Naruto however was not affected and only viewed the magic as an annoyance.

A man walked into the guild. He had blue hair, a red tattoo on his eye, and a mask obscuring the rest of his face. He wore tattered, gray robes and had staffs and weapons on his back that had lacrimas stored in them. All in all, he looked like a magical hobo and his name was....Mystogan.

"Geez Mysto, why you do dis?" He asked poking Mystogan's shoulder.

"Really Naruto, can you stop with the poking thing every time I come?" Mystogan said, obviously irritated by the childish behavior that the S rank mage displayed.

"Nope!" Naruto said happily.

Mystogan walked up to the request board before shoving Naruto away in annoyance. He took his mission before walking out.

"Five...."

"Four...."

"Three...."

"Two....."

"One"