5. Second Meeting w/ Leonardo

It had been almost a week since you last saw Leonardo. You had thought about him a couple of times, but you figured with and encounter like that you knew it would be some time before you ever did meet again.

It was a late Thursday afternoon, almost 7 p.m. There you stood leaning slightly over the sink washing dishes. New York was rather calm that night; it had a feeling of peacefulness to it as you watched the cars drive by under the lights through the window. You felt almost a zen sensation wash over you as you continued your chore. The lights were dim in the kitchen, as it was a rather lazy night for you and April. You wore a loose shirt with some simple grey sweatpants.

"I'm putting the movie in!" April rented (your favorite movie) to watch for the night since it had been a while that you two had had a movie night. You quickly dried the dishes and put them away. Now it was time to relax.

Or at least you thought.

You made your way to the couch, but just as you were about to sit, a knock came from the large window near the kitchen. You turned to April.

"Did someone just knock on the kitchen window?" You asked slightly concerned. April sat there and simply shrugged. She knew who was there, and you knew she knew just by the look on her face. You go to open it yourself, and when you did, your (e/c) eyes met a pair of bright blue ones. You were taken back and startled a bit.

"Leo?" you say. He waves sheepishly.

"Good to see you again (y/n)."

The two of you stared at each other for a moment before April walked over. Despite having sent Leo after you those few nights ago, she's rather relieved at how calm you were still.

"Get out of the window," April chuckles. "You're letting the cold in."

Leo mumbles a soft 'oh' and settles inside, going to close the glass behind him. The terrapin proceeds to follow you two to the living room.

"Late night to make a visit. Everything ok?" April asked as she sat on the sofa. You watched as he leaned up against the wall just beside you. You don't notice his eyes watching you as you sat down.

"Yeah," he says, "I haven't had time to speak to (y/n) since we met. Just wanted to check in."

Leo smiled warmly at you, his blue eyes boring into yours; you swore could feel your cheeks burning. Nodding, you turned your head, too shy to look at him.

"I've been fine. Thank you Leo." You now manage to give him a small smile. "And I haven't told anyone about you. Don't worry."

A couple of minutes had passed and the three of you talked until Leo announced that he had to leave. Both you and April followed him to the window where he first came through. But before he did, he turned to you once more.

"(y/n)," he started, "there is someone you need to meet. It's important you do so."

You were confused for a moment as you turned to your best friend; she gave you a reassuring smile telling you he meant no harm. Then you began to remember that the first time you met Leo he mentioned he had family, and that maybe that's who he was talking about. You waited for him to speak again.

"Don't worry, no harm will come to you."

From the sounds of it you had little choice, it was important that you met this friend of his. You knew you could trust him, and not just because he was friends with April, but because your gut told you so. Your head bobbed up and down in agreement.

"Alright Leo. How about tomorrow morning? I don't have to work."

Slightly bowing his head at you, he turned to the window. But before he left he said one last thing that made you smile ear to ear.

"Good night (y/n)."