Jealousy (Donatello)

"You just shelled me!"

"Indeed I did."

"But you're my bro! You're supposed to look out for me!"

You turned and glared at your 'enemy'.

"There's no such thing as 'bros' when I'm kicking your ass at Mario Kart Mikey."

It had been a good 40 minutes since you and Mikey started to play Mario Kart, and both of you were obviously into it. You had never yelped or laughed more in the past month, the game was that intense. Mikey would try to gently push you around to try and distract you from your driving, but you'd kick him in the shin and he'd yelp from the slight pain, you weren't messing around. Your thumbs hurt from the button smashing, the more pressure on the gas the faster you went, or it seemed that way. Everybody else was too too busy doing something else to even notice the two of you and how rowdy and noisy you both were.

Well, except for Donnie who had just came into the room. He saw how much fun the two of you were having. Donnie pushed up his glasses onto his nose as he watched you, your smiling face and the adorable laughter. . . he wished he was the one making you feel that way. He would watch as Mikey would lightly punch your arm, call you pretended and innocent names and made you laugh. Eventually after watching you he walked up behind the couch and rested his hand on your shoulder.

"Hey." You said quickly.

"Wassup bro? Wanna play?" Mikey asked his brother. Donnie shook his head 'no'.

"I actually need your help (y/n)."

Your eyes were still concentrated on the game but your ears were with Donnie.

"If it involves animals or children I can't help you."

Donnie chuckled, he was used to your sarcasm now but he still got a kick out of it.

"No it doesn't."

Just then, you placed first by speeding past Mikey while stunning him with another shell. You finished by three feet ahead of him. He had never felt so defeated, he was the king of Mario Kart. . . today he wasn't. You smiled slyly and turned to look at Donnie.

"What do you need help with?"

Donnie motioned his head sideways for you to follow him into his lab. You placed the controller aside and stood up to follow your friend, leaving Mikey as he sat on the couch pouting from his defeat. Once you got into Donnie's lab you noticed he had nothing on his work bench, not even a tool. If there was nothing there, what did he need your help for? You looked around curiously.

"Hey. . ." you start, "so what are we doing?"

Donnie turned to you. "Don't know." He says as he pushes up his glasses.

"So why'd you say you needed my help?"

He shrugged. "Just. . . wanted to spend some time with you."

You stared at him for a moment before a smug grin came on your face, your hands now rested on your hips.

"Donnie, were you jealous of me and Mikey just then?"

"I am not." he says quickly. You let out a small laugh, he was cute when he was trying to hide his red face.

"Donnie, there would be something on that table ready to be worked on, plus you wouldn't need my help you're a genius. You are definitely jealous."

Donnie only turned his head to try and hide his blushing face. You were right though, about him being jealous, he knew that you couldn't be with him all the time. But he was so busy with training and missions and his gadgets that he barely had any time to see you, so he tried to be with you as much as he could. You were his best friend and the only one who really understood him. He enjoyed being with you.

Eventually Donnie rubbed the back of his neck and gave in. Your (e/c) eyes saw through him. He sighed and spoke softly so if anyone was near they wouldn't have heard him.

"Yes, I'm jealous ok? Now can you stay here with me? Please?"

You laugh and go to pat his shoulder as you walk up to him.

"Of course Donnie."