Playing With His Weapon (Leonardo)

Unedited.

I've heard that Katanas are actually pretty lightweight.  But I don't know if that's true or not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

This rain was a drag, you felt so groggy and lazy and tired, you hated it.  And what made it even worse was watching Leo meditate for the last hour, you were so bored you wanted to just lay back and sleep.  But you mostly wanted Leo to pay attention to you, you were tempted to jump on him.  The dojo was quiet and peaceful, a good place to nap for a while but you had slept most of that morning.  You needed to find something to do without disturbing Leo.

But when your eyes caught the glimpse of a silver blade, you knew you wouldn't be bored for long.  You quietly sneaked past your partner and slowly headed for the weapon rack.  Just a little peak, maybe even holding it would satisfy your boredom.  You quietly and slowly picked it up with both hands and admired the blade.

The handle was cold but firm in your grasp, and the blade was surprisingly light, you were able to hold it without effort.  You began to carefully swing it around in one hand and then switch it to the other, smiling with how surprisingly good you were with handling the weapon. 

"What're you doing?"

Shrieking from fright, the blade slipped from your hands and fell at your feet.  You turned to see Leo standing behind you, arms folded over his chest, but he was smiling down at you, probably because of the liking you showed to his weapons.  The guy was silent, and he knew that you hated it when he did this, sneaking up on you.

"I was, um, . . . . . look, I'm bored ok?"  You say as you pick up his weapon back up.  Straightening the blade in front of you one more time before putting it away, you admired the blade once again, and Leo took notice of how your (e/c) eyes admired the blade again.

"Never thought it would be this light.  It always looked heavy."

Leo chuckled.  "I said the same thing when I first picked it up."

He noticed how you slowly, but effortlessly twirled the blade in your hands, possibly a sign you would be a natural at wielding the katanas.

"You're pretty good with it."  Leo said, getting your attention.

"Well," you began, "when you're the only one who can cook in your apartment and have an impatient roommate you gotta be quick with a knife."

Kissing your head, Leo placed his hands on your shoulders and squeezed them gently.

"Just be careful please.  I'd be a mess if you hurt yourself."

You smiled as you put the katana away back in it's place on the weapon rack, then turning to Leo to hug him tightly.  You had your face buried in his chest taking in his comfort.  You then felt his arms wrap around you, he then bent his head down and whispered softly to you.

"Love you."

You blushed intensely.

"Love you too."