14. Getting Home Safely (Raphael)

His father had two rules; don't interact with humans, and don't go above ground.

Well he damn well broke both of those with you around. Splinter had accepted April as the only human to know who they were, where they lived and the only one allowed to visit. Given she saved them all from the lab back in her childhood, she had an automatic pass down into their home.

So when you were allowed to visit, Raph became a bit protective of you. Leo was strict about the rules their father gave them as well, always trying to keep their existence hidden so they were safe from the public. Who knows what would have happened to them if the entire city of New York found out about their existence.

This man had your back from the get-go; the moment your feet hit the cement of the sewer tunnels, he was drawn to you, and he'd be damned to know why.

It almost felt strange. But he was still wary as always.

That first time his father allowed him to walk you home, Raph took you in his arms and raced the rooftops like it was nothing. Of course you were a nervous wreck. Who wouldn't be?

The man had no troubles holding you. Those muscles gave him all the strength he needed to hold you and parkour all over those rooftops until he got you home. 

Weeks later he's still walking you home when allowed by his father; sometimes walking side by side in the alleys and jumping across the rooftops in his hold like Spiderman and his webslingers. What a rush this guy gave you.

"Be thankful I haven't thrown up on you yet," you giggle, looking up to the turtle. His green eyes form into slits as he smiles at you, and he can't help but chuckle. The height difference was noticeable and rather amusing.

"I am thankful. You coming back over tomorrow?"

Raph watches you shrug your shoulders.

"I have a shift at work," you yawn, "I'd love to but if I'm barely walking... I might just get home and nap."

A lovely idea. Who could resist nap time?

"Gotcha."

Raph takes you up to your apartment by the fire escape deck, opening your window for you that you kept unlocked for him and his brothers. He helps you inside by holding one of your hands to provide support, and once inside you look to him with a sweet smile.

"Thank you Red."

Red? Hm..

He could get used to that falling from your pretty lips.

"Better get back before pops sends Leo to find me," he chuckles. "Night (y/n)."

He watches you nod your head to him and begin to rub one eye; seems someone has tuckered themselves out.

You wave, and watch as he disappears onto the top of the building from your window.

Jesus Christ, stop fucking blushing Raph... His inner thoughts go round and around all the way home.