The Only Ones Around (Raphael)

The TV had been on since two that evening, and now all it was was just background noise to you and Raphael.

Having moved from the living room to the kitchen the two of you were in the midst of a baking session. The craving for cookies overwhelmed you. At 10pm at night. Flour covered the floor, the counter and you. It looked like a small powder bomb went off in your kitchen.

With Raph over by the sink cleaning the dishes you needed for your next batch, you took the cookies out of the oven and placed them on a sheet to cool, then made way over to Raphael. A smile forms on his face when he feels your fingers brush against the back of his shell. He looks down at you.

"You gonna eat all these?" he asks. You pucker your lower lip in thought, smiling innocently afterwards.

"You're here too," you say, earning a soft chuckle in response. "We can do it babe, I believe."

He laughs again as he goes to dry his hands with the towel, then turning to you and leaning down to kiss you.

"We're gonna be sicker than dogs if we do that."

"They're gonna be gone soon anyways," you chuckle. You take the clean dishes Raph washed and set them in the spot where you used them before on the counter, beginning another batch of cookies.

Raph comes up behind you and towers over you, watching you work as he wraps his arms around your waist.  A tender kiss is placed on your neck and shoulder.

"Where'd you learn to bake?" he asks. Your eyes look over your shoulder to him and you smile.

"Google." A simply reply. Raph chuckles lowly. "Quite a handy thing."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With the last batch of cookies now finished the two of you decide that the left over dishes can wait to be washed in the morning. Instead you settle yourself on the counter by the window and munch away on two or three of the cookies you've made. Raph goes to dig through the fridge for a water bottle. He returns to you while taking a long drink of it.

"Shit," he suddenly says, making you stop mid munch. "I gotta get goin'. Didn't realize how late it was."

You're eyes wander to the clock on the wall and you hiss at the sight. 11pm, way past Raph's curfew.  Splinter knew where he was, but Raph didn't originally plan on staying at the apartment tonight.

"I don't want you to go," you pout, reaching for him and pulling him closer to you.  Raph smiles warmly when he's standing in front of you. He positions himself between your legs and leans in to kiss you, hands on your legs. 

"I wanna stay too babe," he chuckles softly, hands then moving upwards to pull you closer to him by your hips. "Pops'll get angry though."

"Well," you begin, wrapping your arms behind his neck, "you could. . . I dunno. . . stay here. I mean, you can raid the fridge all you want, play the ps4, watch movies. It's like you never left the lair."

Raph laughs lowly at your attempts in making him stay, leaning in closer to you. And honestly it was working. He didn't want to leave, and when he had to Raph always had a hard time letting go.

"You really don't want me to leave?"

"I never do."

 Your response makes his chest warm, and a small and happy churr vibrates in his throat. Another kiss lands on your lips and then at the corner of your mouth.

"Lemme get a hold of dad," Raph says, then retreating to the living room. You're left on the counter finishing up a another cookie. He returns only a few moments later with a smile on his face.