Mentor and Student (Michelangelo)

"Try again.  Faster this time.  Raphael!  Watch your footing!"

You lean against the cement wall of the entryway to the dojo, watching as the boys do their thing in practice.  Splinter was there with them, instructing and observing his sons so that they were performing their best whenever it came time to fight their enemies.  It amazed you every time you watched, seeing as how easily they moved and wielded their weapons; there were times that you wondered what you would look like out there doing the same thing they were.

Eventually though, Mikey caught your presence out the corner of his eye and grinned.  It seemed Splinter noticed as well, and he quickly ended the training session and left the dojo, giving you a quick hello before leaving.  Mikey and his brothers stayed behind to clean up.

"So whad'ya think?"  Raph said as they walked up to you.  You shrugged.

"Could use some improvement." you grin.  Donnie chuckles and places a hand over his heart.

"Ugh, you wound us with your cruel cruel words!" 

After a few minutes of talking, Mikey stayed with you as he watched his brothers walk away.  Once they were out of sight he smiled down at you and pulled you into him by the waist, kissing your head and then your lips.  You cringed when he retreated.

"Ugh, you're all sweaty and gross." you say wiping your hands on his plastron.

Mikey chuckled.  "I know.  Kinda hot isn't it?"

"You wish..."

You and Mikey retreated to the bean bag chairs to the side of the training floor, relaxing with some Orange Crush and sweets that he had hidden from his brothers, which he made you promise not to tell them.  You plucked his nunchucks from his hand and began to twirl them around blindly as you chatted on with Mikey.  His baby blues eyed his weapon in your hand.

"You wanna give that a spin?... Uh, that pun wasn't intended."

Chuckling, you continue to spin the nunchuck around, remembering the last time you attempted to wield them.

"Yeah, I smacked myself in the face with them last time remember?"

Oh yes, he remembered, and it was quite funny.  The memory made him laugh and he kissed you to rid you of that pouting face.  Mikey pinched your nose.

"Well I wasn't around.  But I am now.  Just a couple of swings?  I'll tell ya what to do."

You bit your lip and stared at the nunchuck in his hand; he had his palm held out to you, offering the weapon to you.  The last time you used it, you were alone, there was no one to tell you how to wield, hence it smacking you in the face.  If Mikey was here though, it reduced the chance to it happening again.

You shrugged and smiled up at him, then raising yourself to give him a kiss on the lips.  Mikey happily gave you a hug before dragging you out into the middle of the dojo.  It wasn't long before he had you swinging the nunchucks like an amateur.

You worked up a sweat quickly, and your shoulders sagged as you dropped the weapons to your side.  Mikey jogged over to you.

"You okay princess?" he asked you, running a thumb over your cheek.  You let out a puff of air.

"Tired." you say, leaning into him.  "But it did get me to thinking...."

"Thinkin' about what?"

"Self defense...."

Mikey cocked his head for a moment before running what you just said through his head.  He was a ninja yes, but a teacher?  He had never considered it before; he convinced himself on one part that he wouldn't be the best suited for you.  But on the other hand... you had a good idea.  Mikey knew that he wouldn't be there to protect you all the time, which saddened him, he'd go through heaven and hell and back for you.  But maybe just some basic skills would help you if you were ever in danger. 

Mikey's hand rested on your cheek as his baby blues looked down at you.

"I'd like to but.... I'm not exactly teacher material."

"That's kinda how it goes Mikey," you say, "the teacher teaches the student, while the student teaches the teacher.  We gotta work together on this."

Mikey chuckled and kissed you softly.  "You sound more like a teacher than I ever will be with those words."

"It will take patience, but for the reason we're doing it?  It's worth it.  And I get to spend more time with you."

Smiling happily, Mikey gave you another kiss, longer this time, and wrapped you in his arms.

"Well when you put it like that... how can I say no?"

You watched as Mikey backed away from you a couple of feet, suddenly pressing his hands together in front of him, and he bowed to you.  His head lifted to you, eyes playful.

"Let's get started then."