Chapter 1: 2020

(Song: Going Away To College by Blink 182)

A/N: For a lot of the chapters, I'm going to add a song I feel like would be good to listen to while reading. You don't need to listen to them, it's just my opinion on what could go well. If you have a better song, feel free to comment and I will give it a listen and change the song if it's good for it :-) 

ALSO, every chapter would be in Jessie's perspective unless said otherwise.

"Kiddo!" I heard my uncle drag out, making me grin before turning around to face him. "How are you?" He seemed off a little, not by what he was asking, instead by his tone.

"Good, good." I responded. "How about you, suspicious uncle?" I chuckled. We were in Costa Rica, waiting for the group to show up during my college's summer vacation. I was at BUSM, Boston University of Medicine in Massachusetts for Forensic Anthropology and Anthropology. It was near my family, so that was a bonus, however I remained in a dorm room with my roommate, Charlotte.

It has been five years since I've been here last – I was just sixteen. Now, I am 21.

He chuckled, even more suspiciously. "I'm doing great, fine, stellar." He listed the synonyms of amazing from the top of his head, causing me to roll my eyes.

"You are a horrible liar." I sighed; making him put his hand to his chest.

"Just hug your stupid uncle." He laughed, spreading his arms open. I dropped my duffle bag onto the ground and wrapped my arms around his neck. I was almost his height now, as a lot of my family is tall and I inherited it. He handed me a Manila envelope, as big as my lower arm. "This is your information as a leader of the group three van." I nodded silently, opening the envelope to reveal a small folder inside.

The envelope had a role call sheet, a schedule like thing, and instructions. It also had a list of things to get done and things we had in our truck. It also had a map with red marks on it.

Jessie Grady and Zach Mitchell – Van 3

Wait...

Zach Mitchell

Zach

I haven't seen him in about or slightly less than two years. I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about it either. I never really gotten over him, as evident due to a break up I had with a boy who even said to me, 'I don't know who broke your heart, but it's still aching for him.'

I missed Zach.

What did he look like now? Did he change at all? Is he still at NYU? My mind started to wander and my heart started to flutter once more. I wonder what he'll think of me again. I mean, when we were dating, I told him I'll never do major bangs. Nevertheless, here I am with a hair cut at where my neck meets my shoulders and bangs cut at my forehead, however I often push it to the side.

Did he change his hair? Did he grow taller? I mean, we broke up when we were eighteen, turning nineteen. He must've changed, even just a little bit.

"Claire!" I grinned, looking up to find the red head that was dating my uncle standing in a pair of khaki shorts and a plaid shirt tied around her belly to reveal a purple undershirt. She changed quite a lot. She didn't seem uptight at all anymore. She had relatively long red hair that went up to her chest and her bangs were grown out and pushed to the sides.

"Oh my!" She coughed. "Jessie!" She grinned before coming over to me, and hugging me. "You've grown so tall."

"It's been three years since we saw each other in person!" I exclaimed, grinning. "How are you and my uncle? Ready to settle down yet?" I teased, making her roll her eyes before showing me her hand.