Chapter 11: You and Me Together

authors note: hey guys, sorry for such slow updates, but i've been really stuck - message me for any requests for where this story to go or any ideas you have. sorry if this is really short. 

i already have the third one planned out and the ending of this one planned out, but no middle 

:-( MESSAGE ME IF YOU HAVE ANY REQUESTS OR IDEAS <3

The day trip lasted...well; a day, and we found us back at the base camp, with Uncle Owen at a barbeque and Mark Jacobs helping him cook. Valerie and Claire were handing the food out, and making sure their not poisoning the food. Zach and I arrived late, making us have nothing big to do.

Zach and I sat at the table where the rest of the guides left their stuff, however Zach sat opposite of me. Ever since the previous night, he couldn't look me in the eye properly or very awkward.

The food was just meat on bread with some salad on the side. I pushed my food slightly forward, walking towards my uncle in order to report back to him.

"Uncle Owe," I pulled him aside, "I need to talk to you." We went over to a small spot, safe from the others nosy ears, and I told him about our findings. "They did not look like jaw marks...they looked like bullet holes. Is there anyone else on this island?" His face turned pale, and he shook his head.

"Don't alarm anyone else." My uncle stated lowly, "we'll put my group in half and let Claire work with Zach...You and I will work together in at least trying to find this person." I nodded, slipping away. I felt this huge heaviness for some reason as I lunged myself around the designated area. I barely ate, but my stomach wasn't feeling good anyways.

I couldn't stay here any longer – it felt like the world was closing in on me, with each of the new people keep asking me about my adventures, about the place I am, about everything. I walked towards a small-secluded corner in the area, placing a towel on the ground just to think and as a place to come back to.

I slipped through the plants, before being immediately caught by Zach.

"You need to stop slipping away."