Chapter 3: See You Again

The letter was in my hands, open and read. I got in. I couldn't believe it. I got in the school of my dreams, and a week after Zach got his acceptance letter to NYU. We're almost/are eighteen and completely prepared for college...well, hopefully.

Zach and I have been dating for two to three years now, and we've visited each other as much as we could. Of course our contact with my uncle and his aunt helped, as they lived together between our two cities. In addition, our parents are basically best friends, so they visit us and we visit them. Otherwise, it's Skype, Email, Snapchat, Instagram, Kik, FaceTime and whatever to talk to each other.

I wish I could hug him right now. I wanted to run over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. I skipped over to my laptop, opening Skype and checking for his contact. I already got like five messages from him saying to call him when I can.

He was online.

I called.

"Zach!" I grinned, greeting the brunette on the other side of the laptop. His shoulders were shrugged, clothed in a green shirt. A small grin played on his face, however his eyes showed sadness. "Hey, babe, what's wrong?" He remained silent. "Come on, please answer me." I pleaded, pulling begging faces making him let out a slight chuckle.

"I have some...bad news." He trailed off, his grin disappearing.

"Go ahead." I shrugged. "I have some news to tell you as well."

"Just tell me." I groaned.

"So...I think we need to break up." He started. My heart shattered at those words. His eyes showed that he noticed my reaction, and probably my thoughts thinking that it was my fault. "It definitely wasn't you. You deserve better. Listen, I love you and I always did, however this thing has become hard, and us applying to colleges..." I tuned him out afterwards, feeling somewhat lost. "I'm so sorry. Hopefully, I'll see you again. We came so far, and I'm so proud of you. I'm proud of myself. We were fantastic together. I wish you the best, and I'll see you again...one day."