Chapter 6: Five Minutes

There was an eerie silence as we walked silently through the woods. The branches and vines would tangle around our ankles with the leaves covering our faces. I felt annoyed he was still following me, although it reminded me too much of the last time we were here.

"So, what was that about?" Zach inquired, following me. "Do you care on elaborating on the Mr-." I rolled my eyes, before turning around and facing Zach.

"What happened to being quiet?" I snapped, looking him in the eye. "Listen, I told you –."

"You know," He cut me off. "I broke it off because I thought you wanted too. I thought you were sick of the distance, and you wanted to focus on your studies."

"So, it's my fault?" I snickered. "Really? You're blaming me." I breathed out in disbelief. He was the one who ended it, and he was blaming me.

"No!" Zach was speaking, however I blocked him out and turned on him indulgently.

"What happened to being quiet, Mitchell?" I gave him a look that could kill. "You know what, just leave me alone."

"Wait..."He seemed as if I have missed something he hasn't. "Did you hear that?" He smirked, making me shake my head. "We were here a few years ago. Follow me." Before I could contest, Zach started heading to certain noise I clearly didn't hear. I remembered he had sensitive ears.

Within ten minutes, we found ourselves in front of the waterfall we once jumped off. I hummed slightly due to nostalgia, before walking towards the water and sliding my fingertips against the water. Zach scanned the area, trying to spot if there was anything here. I slipped off the over top, revealing the tank top I wore and slipped off the pants, where I was glad I wore spandex for once. I put the clothes on the boulder, pressing another boulder on top.

"What are you doing?" Zach inquired, as I simply ignored him and walked Are into the water to swim across and find out what's on the other side. "you crazy!?" He practically screamed, making me remain quiet towards him.

"You can stay there, if you like." I responded, sounding much more cruel than I intended. "I'm checking on what's on the other side." I turned around, and went back to swimming and found myself on the small area of land, climbing up and shaking my head as my clothes stuck to my body more than it had done previously. I turned around and saw Zach was missing, Good, I thought. Finally.

I started to wish I brought my other clothes with me, but I knew it would be cold when I got back, and more obvious that I had escaped. I went through the obstacles of leaves and trees to find my way in the center of a team of Ankysaurus.

Okay, Jessie...don't anger them, they're considered to have medium aggression. I reminded myself, their herbivores with spiky armour... that also happen to be made out of fingernail materials.

I crept around them, still shivering and holding my shirt so it wouldn't just stick to my skin. I made my way around them and within minutes, I screamed in fear when something covered my eyes, before realizing it was Zach. He was wearing his wet shirt, in his pants still. He must be uncomfortable.

"Why the fuck did you do that?" I whispered-screamed at him.

"I thought it would be funny to scare you." He smirked, making me eye roll and walk forwards. "Okay, Jessie, stop." He scolded as I stomped off, making me stop and turn around.

"What?" I practically screamed in response.

"You need to actually loosen up." He sighed. "You need to actually listen to me. I'm your partner for this."

"That could easily be changed." I challenged.

"JUST LISTEN!" He was annoyed. "I need to tell you something. I really do. If I don't say this now, I'll surely break and explode."

"Then why haven't you told me?"

"You never let me." He retaliated.

"You have five minutes, Mitchell."