Chapter 7: Just when it was getting good

Natsu's POV:
It was Sunday afternoon and I was sat staring at my phone as if that would magically make Gray answer my texts. I'd been sat for 3 hours, just waiting for a reply to my text telling him that I had fun the other day.
I soon decided to send him a text asking if he was ok. No reply.
"Damn it Gray," I muttered and got up before sitting down again.
What if he was just busy?
What if his phone was off or on silent?
Maybe he was out with somebody else?
Somebody else... wait!
Why should I care if he's hanging out with somebody else? I wasn't jealous... was I?
Maybe he didn't want to talk.
I then laid back on my bed and groaned. Why does he make me feel this way? Yeah I had a little crush on him but little crushes don't do this. I wasn't in love was I? Of course not.
I pulled on strings on my hoodie lightly before deciding to ask for professional help.
I picked up my phone and text the only person I knew who could help me. My only friend besides Gray.

Eventually there was a knock and I knew the drill. If you wanted your dignity saved then you had to be fast. Unfortunately, my brother was too fast.
Sting flew past me and practically jumped half the stairs before opening the door and smirking at me.
"Damn it Sting!" I exclaimed.
"Hey Lucy, Natsu's been dying to see you again since it's clear he just can't stay away from-" he never finished his speech as I had punched him in the face and shoved him up the stairs.
"Good to see you Sting," Lucy said and laughed before walking in.
"Now who's the guy that has you confused?" She asked when we're sat on my bed.
"It's that guy Gray I've been showing around actually," I said.
"Well he's pretty good looking so good choice there and what's the problem anyway?"
"Well we've been hanging out and we actually ended up pranking Sting and anyway I text him telling him that I had fun and he hasn't answered for hours and I asked if he was ok and still no reply," I explained and she looked thoughtful.
"This has happened many times before to me and it usually either means that something's going on with them or their phone just died," she said.
"Really?"
"Yeah but Gray's family seems really nice so his phones probably just off,"
"Yeah you're probably right, thanks Luce."
"No problem and now I've got a shopping day to go to with Levy and Mira so see you tomorrow," she then hugged me quick before leaving.
She was probably right. I was just being stupid.
Then I heard my phone go off and I saw a reply from Gray. It read:
Natsu I don't think it's best if we're friends anymore, I'm sorry.

The moment I read those words, my eyes widened and I felt like I'd been stabbed in the heart but it wasn't killing me. Just endless pain. I felt tears forming in my eyes.
"No no no, why now? Why hurt me when I was just feeling better?" I said to myself.
I got up and opened my door and I saw Sting heading down the stairs and he seemed happy enough well that was until I couldn't take this pain anymore and I fell to my knees with a bang. Zeref wasn't in to hear this so I only had my older brother.
Sting never bothered with me well unless he was messing with me.
I then heard footsteps and when I looked up I saw him looking down at me but he seemed surprised.
"What happened?" He asked and actually knelt in front of me.
I didn't reply I just handed him my phone which still had the text opened and the moment he read it, he just embraced me in a hug and I cried. I'd never cried in front of my older brothers. It felt nice.
"By the way the prank is forgiven ok?"
I nodded and wrapped my arms around his back.
"Natsu I'm sorry I've never been there for you, you're always trying to make us feel better and in return you get a load of crap off me," he said and actually cried harder, not because I was sad but because I was happy.
"You've never helped me but because I've waited so long for something like this, it actually feels better than it could ever be," I said.
"Now why don't I come with you to ask Gray what's up?" He offered.
"Yeah, I feel more confident with you by my side, thank you."
"Let's go then!"
We headed downstairs after I cleaned up my face and we headed out.

Hello! I hope u enjoyed that chapter, another will be uploaded soon so just sit tight ok? ^^ till next time!