Chapter 17: I'm with you

Gray's POV:
I stood outside the church in my suit, waiting for them to arrive. Rogue and Lyon were stood beside me, they too wore a suit whereas Mavis wore a knee length black dress which had small white bows imprinted all over it and Ultear wore a similar dress except it was all black.
Silver came over to us in his suit and pointed to across the cemetery where I saw Natsu and his brothers walking over to us in their suits.
When they arrived we walked inside as well as the many other friends of Ur.
I sat beside Natsu and Lyon and I saw the tears forming in Mavis' eyes and it pained me to see her like that.
The priest stood in front of us all and began to speak about Ur and soon enough he wanted Ultear to speak as she was her real daughter and the eldest.
She stood up and faced us all and cleared her throat before placing a piece of paper down on the podium.
"Thank you all for coming today, my mother would be very happy to see some many that cared and I'd like to begin by saying that although all my brothers and sister are adopted, Ur treated them as if they were her real kids and that was a great thing about her, she was so kind," Ultear began and I could see the tears in her eyes.
"I remember the day she brought Gray home, he was the first to arrive and I was quite young and I thought that maybe things would be great because I was older and I got to boss him about," there was a small laughter about the room.
"But then, Lyon arrived and Gray and him just clicked and that was the end of my reign as the two just pulled stupid faces when I told them to do something and I ended up hitting them," I saw her smile and I heard Natsu chuckle.
"Then Rogue arrived and because he was older than them I knew my chance was gone to be the bossy sister and soon followed Mavis who just adored me and often thanked me for being her sister."
Soon enough it was my turn and I took a deep breath and Natsu grabbed my hand and nodded as a sign that he would come with so we both stood and I began.
"Although Ur was not my birth mother, it sure as hell felt like it... and one of the fondest memories I have of her is the time I came home with a black eye because the moment I walked in she was enraged at the sight and demanded who was responsible, so after telling her she marched to each of those kids homes and scared them half to death by yelling at them and threatening them," I said and I heard laughter.
"I will... I'll... I will miss Ur... so much and it pains me that I'm hear talking about her when she's not here," I then couldn't help but cry and Natsu pulled me against him and I just forgot that those other people were watching. I felt safe.
But soon enough I had to sit snd Silver said some things before we all left the church.

So after some days we finally had her buried because she said that she hated the heat like me and didn't want to be burned.
We all cried at some point, even Rogue, well he didn't admit it but I saw him crying with Sting holding him after the burial.

It took some time but eventually we calmed down and started to try and get back into routine and I felt a ton better because Natsu and I had a second date and we ended up getting together which overjoyed me as well as him.
I do remember hearing Ultear and Mavis mutter something like "finally now Stingue, Gratsu and Zervis is real" but it made no sense to me at all.

Hey! I hoped you enjoyed it! And I guess till next time!!! ^^