Chapter 16: Goodbye?

Mavis' POV:
We eventually arrived at the river and we moved to the positions we were instructed to go to. The plan was to let Zeref take on Shade and we were to stand back and make sure he didn't try calling backup so if they arrived we could keep them busy while Zeref was busy fighting him.
Zeref was a lot smarter than he gave himself credit for.
We all watched as Zeref and Shade threw punches at each other and it seemed as if the fight would never end, when they ended up close to the river and I saw Zeref look at me and smile.
"Thank you Mavis. For everything. Goodbye," he said.
Goodbye? What did be mean?
I then watched as Zeref clung onto Shade and he threw themselves into the water. I waited for him to come back but then it was too much and I ran and I saw Zeref sinking and Shade was in the same position.
I took a deep breath and dove in.
It was darker now but I didn't lose faith and I swam deeper until I found him and I had to use all my strength to pull him out and lay him on the side and then I took another breath and dove in once again and pulled Shade out.
Shade had done a lot of bad things but he didn't deserve to die.
I then collapsed beside Zeref and held his hand tightly as everyone rushed over.
"Hey Zeref?" I said quietly. No reply.
"I love you," I said and looked at him and I sighed at the silence.
"I love you too." I saw he was smiling but he had his eyes shut.
"Good because if not you'd be in a world of pain," I said jokingly.
"I can never have a serious moment with you can I?" He said and I laughed.
"No you can't."
Soon enough there were more cops and I stood by as Erza and her friends explained what had gone down and what punishments she thought would be best for Minerva and Sting as they weren't as involved as Shade was.
However they still had to be taken in for questioning. So I watched as Erza put handcuffs on Minerva and carried her to the police car.
Sting was another story because when we got back we found that he was actually gone and then it turned out that he was already at the police station because Kagura couldn't take any chances.

So after those events everybody returned to their lives well Minerva had some adjusting to do as well as Sting, things like not smoking or drinking.
It was very hard on them at first but they seemed to be managing.

As for Natsu and Gray, they ending up going on a date and how it went is unknown because Gray never told me but one day I'll find out!

Rogue seemed a little bit happier now that he had Sting by his side.

Lyon was fully recovered in a week and Ultear apologized to Rogue and all was good in our house.

One thing still remained. The funeral was drawing nearer.
I wasn't really prepared but to be certain that we'd be ok, we invited the Dragneels to come with us.
With them by our sides we'd ok. Right?

Hey! Sorry I haven't uploaded in a few days! I've been gaming a lot lately and last night I was busy talking on google hangouts with my best friend and BF!
XD God we talked about weird stuff!
But anyway sorry this one is so short!
I couldn't think what to write but the next will probably be longer since it's the funeral and all.
But anyway, till next time! ^^