Chapter 14: Now is the time

Sting's POV:

"Give it up, it's over Shade!" Erza yelled as she held the sword to Minerva's heart but he didn't waver.

"Go ahead, she's prepared to die for me aren't you?" Shade said and smirked.

We were out numbering them with Cobra and Midnight, good friends of Shade's, but the thing is that this usually meant that somebody was going to die. It wasn't supposed to end up like this but somebody had us figured out and was working for Erza.

"Shade this is going to far, of course I'm not willing to die for you because you've never done anything helpful for me!" Minerva cried.

"Well if that's how you feel then I guess this is the end for you Minerva," he said and moved the gun from Mirajane's head to Minerva's leg and pulled the trigger. Minerva's screams filled the silence and I felt like I was back at my old home on that day when my mom found my dead father and me. Her screams.

Just like then. Death was the solution for people like me.

Earlier that day:

Natsu's POV:

I remember sitting in the waiting room with Gray, he was super nervous but I was keeping him steady. Then a nurse walked over to us and Gray snapped to attention and looked up at her. Her tag read "Marvell" and then I realized who it was.

"Grandeeny?" I said and she looked at me and then smiled.

"My not so little nephew how are you deary?" Grandeeny asked.

Grandeeny had long flowing light blue hair but it was tied up in a ponytail for work and she had kind brown eyes.

She was Igneel's, my dad's, sister and she had a young daughter named Wendy, who was my cousin. Grandeeny had always had a knack for helping people and I guess she decided to use those skills and get a job as a nurse. Wendy was also thinking about training to be a nurse when she grew up.

"I'm good, you?" I asked and stood up.

"Very good and Wendy is too," she then looked at Gray.

"Gray Fullbuster yes?" She said and he stood up.

"Yeah why?" he asked.

"I'm here to thankfully tell you that Lyon's surgery was a success and he's just resting now," she said cheerily and the smile that appeared on his face was beautiful.

"See what did I tell you?" I said and hugged him tightly.

"I knew you were right," he said.

"Is this your boyfriend Natsu?" Grandeeny asked and we shot apart.

"No he's just a friend," I said quickly and she smirked.

"Oh ok whatever you say," she said and laughed.

Erza's POV:

I unsheathed my sword and checked it, I was deciding which to bring with me that night.

"This is why I stick with one sword," Kagura said and crossed her legs.

She wore black leggings, white skirt, a white blazer which was decorated to show honour and her white boots. She was a honourable and reliable woman and an excellent partner to have.

"I like to have options so that I can have the right weapon for every opponent I face," I explained and then I saw Laxus walk by in that coat of his over his shoulders.

"Laxus go down into the safe and bring me the sword!" I ordered and he sighed before turning and heading towards the safe.

"You don't seriously think you'll need that one do you?" she asked and I turned to face her.

"I don't know how dangerous this Shade is but I do know that Minerva is," I said and then Laxus entered carrying a large box under his arm and then he placed it on the table in the center of the room.

"I suppose if you're using this then I'll go get my things and set it up before they arrive in the forest," Laxus said and exited the room as Mirajane entered the room.

"I see we're all going out huh?" she said happily.

"Well we can never be too careful can we?" Kagura said and picked up her sheathed sword.

"Well I suppose I will too," she said and pulled a box off the highest shelf and placed it down.

"Together with our strongest weapons we'll definately put a stop to them," I said and I grabbed my large case and a regular sword.

"Let's go get them," Mira said and we set off to se if Laxus was getting on ok.

Hours later:

We entered the forest and saw Laxus was just covering up his equipment and I saw him place his coat back on his shouders.

"We're good to go ladies," he said and we started to head further into the woods and I noticed Mira was holding his hand and I smiled to myself.

Eventually night came and I saw that there was two more of them but that just meant one extra which should've been easy.

"Ready?" I said and they nodded and we charged forward and they jumped to their feet in astonishment.

"How did you find us?!" Minerva cried.

"A good friend of mine," I said and I saw that they too had weapons.

I stood and faced Minerva and held my sword at her heart and she smirked.

"Careful, you might find yourself injuring your own friends," she said.

Mirajane was facing, who I then recognised as, Midnight and he just had that bored expression as usual.

"It's over for you," Mira said firmly.

Laxus was facing Sting and I knew that fight could go either way, Sting had speed and a way of planning ahead but Laxus had strength and stratedgy.

"Ready to be shocked to death punk?" Laxus said threatingly and I saw Sting waver for a second before smirking.

Kagura was facing Shade and Cobra but I didn't worry because I'd seen her take on more than that but I knew that Shade was very smart but Kagura was fast and even smarter.

"Prepare yourself for battle," She said and held onto her sword.

Present:

Erza's POV:

I stared at the bleeding Minerva and felt her temper rising.

"Damn it Shade you scum!" I screamed and knelt by her. She may have been a good for nothing woman but she was only like that because of Shade.

"Don't worry Minerva things are going to get better for you ok?" I said and stood up.

"Shade I challenge you to a fight, Kagura take Cobra," I ordered.

"Right!" she exclaimed.

"Let the battle begin!" Shade yelled and I ran at him as he fired his gun again but I was quicker and I blocked it with my sword and swiped at him but he jumped back.

Laxus' POV:

I stared at Sting and smirked.

"I know what you're capable of so I'm just going to skip to the part where I electrify you into ashes," I said and he continued to wear that smirk of his.

"And how will you do that considering that you cannot wield electricity?" He asked and I just shook my head.

"Shouldn't have asked kid," I said and my hands formed into fists and then a buzz was heard and I felt it in my hands. Basically I had a very clever weapon that allowed me to link wires to any electricity in the area and it sent it to my very special clear gloves.

I swung a punch at him and I saw his eyes widen as he was electrified slightly and he fell and the moment he hit the floor I heard a scream but it came from a guy and I turned to see his brother Natsu staring in horror along with a boy with night black hair who shared the same look.

Hey! I'll leave it there but don't worry I might upload later or tomorrow! So I'll leave that cliffhanger there for you! Till next time! ^^