Chapter 15: Fighting for the good

Zeref's POV:

I lay on my bed, phone in hand, wondering when I would get a response from Natsu or Sting. They had been out all day and it was pretty late, I mean I expected Sting to be out but not Natsu. I then recieved a text from Mavis so I opened it up.

Mavis, 11:09pm:
Have you seen Rogue and Ultear because they're not home?

You, 11:11pm:
No sorry but have you seen Natsu or Sting?

Mavis, 11:12pm:
Sorry I haven't but maybe Rogue is with Sting and I'll ask Gray if he's seen or heard from Natsu brb

You, 11:14pm:
Ok thanks and I think I have an idea where Sting and Rogue are, wanna help look?

Mavis, 11:17pm:
Really?! Sure I'll help! Also Gray says that the last time he saw Natsu was an hour ago when he and Lyon returned home but enough about that I'll go get ready!

You, 11:19pm:
Tell him thanks and I'll be over in a minute and we'll go look.

I then got off my bed and walked out and headed down the stairs and quickly wrote a note to Natsu in case he came back when I was out and then I headed out and walked to Mavis' and knocked on the door and waited.

Soon enough the door opened to reveal Gray, who was just pulling on his white coat.

"Hey Zeref, I'll be joining you guys on the search and Mavis will be down in a second," He said and he stood aside and let me in.

"Ok," I said, I didn't really know Gray so I felt nervous because he seemed pretty strong.
Then footsteps were heard and Mavis came down the stairs and I saw that she was wearing a long pale pink coat and had red earmuffs on and a white scarf and white boots.

"I see you're prepared for the cold," I said and she grinned.

"You can never be too careful when it comes to snow," she said and then looked at Gray and I in disbelief.

"Are you serious? You'll freeze out there!" She exclaimed.

"I'll be fine I mean I have my coat and boots," Gray said.

"Fine but Zeref that jacket is not going to cut it," she said and I sighed.

"I'll go get my coat on the way past ok?" I said and she nodded.

So after grabbing my coat we set off.

"So where exactley are we heading?" Mavis asked.

"The woods because that is where Sting goes all the time so I'm willing to bet that Rogue is with him and hopefully Natsu will be there too," I explained and they nodded.

As we drew near the forest we could hear yelling and the sound of weapons being used so we ran straight towards the noise and found the one and only Titania fighting the man I knew as Shade, Kagura was fighting Cobra well attempting to anyway, Laxus was fighting Natsu and Rogue at the same time! and Mirajane was fighting Midnight and I saw two bodies on the floor, one bleeding from the leg and another who seemed to be pretty much dead but then I recognised that almost dead body as my brother Sting.

Mavis gasped and ran to their sides and began tending to Minerva's leg and wrapping it up in her white scarf which was immediatley stained with scarlet red blood. Gray on the other hand ran over to Natsu and Rogue. I just stood and looked at the scene.

This was a battlefield which was designed for only death in mind.

Kagura's POV:

I noticed that the other Dragneel brother had arrived with the other Fullbusters but I only had time to glance as my opponent was already behind me.