Chapter 4: Hey Stranger

ERIN'S POV

We have been at the party for about an hour and a half. I was actually having a really good time. Most of us girls were drinking. A few of them drinking way more than the other. Sophia came up to say hi to everyone. She didn't walk over here with us so I had no idea she was even here. But let me tell you, she had a pretty good buz on. She was starting wabble when she walked.

Me, Lauren and Katie walked closer to where the stage was. Luke was still singing. I caught his eye and he smiled and did a head nod since he was still singing.

"Have something to tell us." Lauren said bringing me out of my daze.

"What?" I saod looking over at them.

"Don't lie. We saw you two looking at eachother. And we also know you guys had lunch together." Katie said smirking at me.

"Got anything to tell us?"

"No. I barley know the guy. And how do you know we had lunch?"

"This is a small school. And when a freshie has lunch with the most popular guy, word spreads fast." Katie said.

"There's nothing going on." I reassured them.

"Ok. Not yet any ways." Lauren said with her signature smirk on her face.

I just ignored that last comment and turned to listen to the music. Some of the other girls came and joined us and we all started dancing and singing together.

Soon Luke announced he was done singing and was turning on the sterio for the rest of this night. All the girls right up by the stage started booing. Luke just ignored them amd walked off. I watched him walk off into the kitchen before I turned back to all my friends.

LUKE'S POV

I was actually surprized when I saw Erin walk in. I didn't think she was going to show. I'm happy she did. We made eye contact amd I smiled and nodded my head. Not much I could do when I was singing a song.

While I was singing I kept looking over at her. she was with all of her girlfriends singing and dancing. She had some moves. It just kept making me think back to her in the back of my truck. I tried my best to finish my set with out getting distracted. Not easy to do with her here.

When I stoped playing all the girls up front started to boo. What the hell. I just ignored them and walked off the stage. I went into the kitchen to get something to drink and started talking with some of my buddies.

ERIN'S POV

I was busy talking with the girls when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and was face to face with Luke.

"Hey!" I said and reached to give him a hug. "You were really amazing up there."

"Oh thank you. I'm glad you came. I really wanted to see you." He said giving me a smile that just about melted my heart.

"Yeah? Well I'm happy I came too. I haven't seen you since monday."

"Yeah I was busy setting up all of this."

"Yeah have fun cleaning it up." I laughed at him.

"You can always come help." He laughed back at me.

"Wow. The only way you can think to see me again is ask me to help clean."

The words came out before I even realized what I was saying. This is why I should never drink. I say the stupidest shit.

"I'll take anything to see you again." He said giving me that smile.

I just looked down at my shoes to hide the blush I could feel coming onto my face. I didn't really know what to say to him. I started playing with the empty solo cup I had in my hand.