Chapter 12: What do you say?

LUKE'S POV

We were sitting there talking and I had Erin in my arms. Everything was perfect. The conversation had died and we were just sitting in a comfortable silence watching the sunset. Erin started running her fingers up and down my arm.

"Thank you for tonight Luke." She said and turned her head and kissed the inside of my arm.

"Your welcome. But it's not over yet." I said kissing the top of her head.

"Good. I haven't had a date this good in a while."

"Well that's good for me I guess."

He started laughing and pulled my arms tighter around herself. I reached behind me to garb the other blanket. It was big enough that I could wrap it around both of us. Erin snuggled into my chest.

"When's the last serious relationship you've been in?" I asked still thinking about what she said last.

"Probably a year or more ago. Nothing ever got too far before we broke up. How about you?"

"Around six months ago."

"Wow, that's recent. How long did it last?"

"Three years."

"Do you mind me asking what happened?"

"She moved away and didn't want to do long distance. And now I realize we wanted different things anyway."

"Did you love her?"

"I did, but not in way that I would of moved to be with her."

"I'm sorry."

"You know, i'm okay with it, because other wise I wouldn't be sitting here with you right now."

ERIN'S POV

The first thing that went through my mind, was that Luke has only been out if the long serious relationship for six months. He said he didn't love her, but what if he's just saying that?

I'm being stupid. Luke wouldn't lie to me. I trust him. Why would he go to all this work for a date if he was still in love with someone else.

Luke moving behind me brought me out of my thoughts. He reached out his hand and helped me stand up. I looked at him and he just smiled and walked to the truck. He turned in the radio and walked back to me.

"Can I have this dance?" He asked reaching out his hands.

I smiled and took his hand. He pulled me in and put his other hand on my lower back.

Our cheeks were resting together and he was quietly singing along to the song in my ear. The song ended and I moved my face so we were looking at eachother.

"I love when you sing."

"I'll sing to you all day if you want."

I smiled and leaned in and kissed him.

"I really like you Erin." Luke mumbled against my lips.

"I really like you too Luke." I smiled and kissed him again.

"Erin will you be my girlfriend?"

ERIN'S POV

I couldn't believe this. I reached up and pulled his face down to mine. I crushed my lips into his. It was by far the most intense and passionate kiss I had ever had with anyone. We pulled back and Luke picked me up and spun me around.

"I'll take that as a yes?" Luke laughed.

"Yes, I would love to be your girlfriend." I said and kissed him again.