Chapter 10: Miss Jane

LUKE'S POV

    We got to the truck and I helped her in her side. Every time I did something for her she always got this smile on her face like it was the best thing in the world. It makes me wonder what her other relationships have been like. I mean I'm doing simple things. Or maybe she just appreciates the small things that people do for her. That's something you don't find everyday.

    I got in ad stared the truck. I started driving back into town. I knew this perfect little dinner that I was going to take Erin too. I'm so happy that she let me in. I can't imagine how hard that must of been for her to tell me everything that shes gone through. I get the feeling that shes still holding back. I didn't want to push her too far last night. 

    I want her to know that i'm here for her, and i'm going to stay here as long as she wants me. These last few week without talking to her have been hell. I like talking to her. I like being with her. I like her. I just hope she is staring to feel the same way about me. Other girls that I have talked to are nice and everything, but I always end up comparing them to Erin. She is like no one else I have ever met. And I don't ever want to have to meet anyone else.

    We didn't talk too much while I was driving. We mostly just listened to the radio, and sang along. After we had been driving for maybe ten minutes when Erin slid over and sat in the middle. She put her head on my shoulder and reached and turned the radio up. I put my hand on her leg and kissed her head. 

    A little while later we pulled into the diner. I got out and walked around to help Erin out. She smiled at me and we walked into the diner. 

 "Luke!" I heard as we walked in the door.

 "Miss Jane. How are ya?" I asked giving her a hug.

 "Just fine dear. How about yourself?"

 "Well i'm doing just fine. Miss Jane this is Erin."

 "Well darlin it is so nice to meet you." Miss Jane said giving Erin a hug.

"Likewise." 

 "Well i'll get ya'll a table." Miss Jane said walking away.

 "Thank you." I said as Miss Jane led us to a corner booth.

    We sat down and Erin looked up at me with a questioning look.

 "I grew up going to this diner. Miss Jane has always owned the place and we got close over the years. She was someone I could come to and talk or get advice. She was always there for me." I explained.

 "Well she seems wonderful." 

    We both started looking through the menu. After a few moments I closed my menu and looked up at Erin. She glanced up at me and smiled then looked back down at her menu.

 "Luke." She said while still reading. "Can I help you with something?"

 "Oh no, i'm just waiting for you to decide what you want. But don't worry there's no rush." I said with a smirk. 

 "Okay this is the first time I have ever been here, I have no idea what they have."

 "You can't go wrong with anything here. It's all delicious."

 "Well what are you getting?"

 "Chicken and Waffles. My favorite." I said. 

 "Okay, that has got to be the most disgusting combo I have ever heard of. I will never understand it."

 "Have you ever even had it?" 

 "No, and I would like to keep it that way."

 "It is the best thing ever."