Chapter Four

Weeks have passed now and the school year is underway. Nothing strange has happened to Blue, Noah, Ronan, Adam, or Gansey since that day on the roof. The only stress on their minds has been the constant essays, as well as keeping Adam and Ronan from fighting day and night, a task that Blue and Gansey have taken to be their own. Whenever Ronan and Adam would start to argue Blue would take Adam for a walk and Gansey would take Ronan back to his dorm. On these occasions Noah will mostly stay with Gansey and Ronan because he finds their interactions amusing. The way that Ronan should obviously be the alpha and Gansey the Beta, but instead Gansey always seems to be in charge and Ronan seems to be more of his follower. It was this unexpected friendship that formed between them that the rest of the group found odd but quickly accepted.

That is why today at dinner no one quite knows how to react when Ronan glares at Gansey for half the meal and Gansey pointedly ignores him. Until finally, Blue has had enough and decides to end it. "Well as much as I love the smell of testosterone while I'm eating, I'd prefer if I knew where it was coming from," Blue states dangerously.

"I don't know what you mean Jane," Gansey tells her politely.

"For the thousands time my name is Blue! So stop calling me Jane," She snaps.

"And as I've told you, Blue is a color not a name," Gansey snaps back.

Hissing Blue glares at Gansey harder than Ronan already was. "Anyway, can we get an explanation or not?" Adam says irritability, as he is also not fond of Gansey and Ronan's newest current melodramatics.

"Gansey is being a controlling fuckboy," Ronan replies harshly, still glaring at his best friend.

"Uh, what does that mean?" Noah asks innocently. Blue's cheeks go red and she splutters trying to find words.

"All I asked was if you'd be going to class instead of going out and getting into trouble with Kavinsky," Gansey says, raising his voice.

At the mention of Kavinsky's name Blue shudders."Maybe this isn't the best place for that argument," She says mildly.

"Agreed," Adam says looking over his shoulder at all the people still in the cafeteria.

Both Ronan and Gansey continue to have an intense staring competition. Noah rolls his eyes. "Weridos," He mutters halfheartedly.

"Why don't we all go to my dorm?" Blue suggest."Neeve won't be back for hours."

"Fine," Gansey says. At his word they all get up and head towards the girls dormitories.

"Sorry about the mess," Blue mutters, looking at old bras and shirts her and Neeve had left hanging around. Grabbing them Blue quickly throws them into a hamper at the corner of the room.

Ronan and Adam sit on Blue's bed. Gansey sits on the chair at the only desk in the room, and Noah and Blue sit on Neeve's bed. Together it's a tight squeeze, but they've done it before and none of them are bothered by being close to one another. At times they actually prefer the small fit so that they all seem more in tune to one another.

"So Ronan," Adam starts.

"Shut it Parrish," Ronan growls. Noah shrinks down closer to Blue's side.

Sensing the discomfort Blue tries, "Gansey just tell us what you think you did."

"Exactly as I said back in the cafeteria. I just wanted to know if he would be going to class or getting into trouble with Kavinsky," Gansey says calmly, even though he is visibly irritated.

"You don't have to be so god damn pushy about it," Ronan barks. "You're not in charge of what I do."

"I never said that I was," Gansey's voice is now dangerously low.