Chapter Eighteen

"So we go back to school in two days and I still haven't gotten any lemonade-ice tea. That's all I'm sayin," Noah complains.

"Yes Noah, we get it, you want to go to Nino's," Gansey say with a groan.

"It's not like I'm asking for a diamond ring or anything!" Noah pouts.

Blue looks over at him and makes a face, "Except that you kind of are. Tell you what, why don't I drive down get you a takeaway cup, and then come back?" She asks hopefully.

"Sweet!" Noah cries. Blue shakes her head at him. Sometimes you act more like a child than a capable teenager, Blue thinks.

"So we aren't going out tonight?" Ronan asks.

Blue sighs and looks at him. I guess that we really haven't done much except hang out with my family, a bit of trekking through the woods, and some chores. Maybe we should go out tonight? But what could we do besides go to Nino's?

"Hey Adam?" Blue calls into the kitchen where he is downing a soda.

"Yea?" Adam calls back as he walks through the door to the living room where the rest of them sit.

"Where do you think we could take these hooligans for the night?" She asks him with a raised eyebrow.

Adam makes a face. "There really aren't many places to go," He says unsure.

Blue rolls her eyes. "That's why I was wondering if at least one of us would have any idea," She says.

"Well I never use to do much in Henrietta so I don't know. What did you use to do for fun?" He asks.

Blue freezes as she thinks about what she use to do in Henrietta. Memories of breaking into the school to do some stupid seance. Getting drunk and riding around town with her supposed friends. Trying to run away from home and being dragged back by the police. Going to the woods for bonfires that usually became out of anyone's control. She use to do a lot, a lot that she regrets now.

"Blue?" Gansey says, snapping her out of her trance and bringing her back to the present.

"Yea fine," She says quickly. Discreetly the boys each give each other a look that Blue doesn't seem to notice. "But yea I really don't know what we could do tonight," She confesses. The rooms sinks into an unsure silence as they all think of ideas.

"We could just go for a drive," Ronan suggest with a shrug.

Gansey raises an eyebrows. "Where to?"

"To nowhere, we'd just ride around," Ronan answers.

Everyone smiles and nods. "Alright but I'm driving," Gansey says. Ronan nods in agreement and tosses him his keys.

Quietly they all walk to the kitchen and out the door so they don't disturb the three psychics who have had one too many glasses of wine.

Once they reach the car Gansey slides into the driver seat, Ronan decides to slip into the back, Adam follows suit so that he's in the middle. Noah then goes and sits on the other side of Adam, and finally Blue crawls into the passenger's seat. It's not how they all normally sit, but right now it's how they all want to sit.