Chapter Eleven

"So what's your mom like Blue?" Gansey asks her quietly while watching what Noah and Ronan are doing to a flag pole just a little bit closer to the fountain than they are next to.

"Oh you know," Blue says shrugging. "Just like another mom I guess?"

"You guess?" Adam asks from the other side of her.

Feeling claustrophobic she moves away from them and makes her way over to sit on the park bench next to the fountain. Slowly the two boys follow her down the stone path that is dotted with trees and light post on its sides, which makes the park bright during the darkness of this night.

"Well," Blue sighs loudly and gazes off into her memories of her home life. "There really isn't any way to describe my mom. You'll just have to decide what she's like for yourself."

"And she really doesn't mind keeping us for the whole week we're off right?" Adam asks with a worried look in his eyes.

Blue smiles."Don't worry we'll find room for all of you somewhere. Everyone is going to love you guys."

Gansey cocks his head and asks,"Who is everyone?"

"Oh right I forgot to tell you guys," Blue laughs just the slightest bit. "A lot of my relatives come and stay with us at random times. And my mom's best friends Calla and Persephone live with us. They're really nice though and I'm sure that you'll all find them very, interesting." Blue finishes with a bashful smile.

"Where do you live!" Noah practically screeches as he quickly runs away from Ronan who has made it his goal to catch Noah and throw him into the fountain.

"Just this little town called Henrietta. It's only a couple hours away from here," Blue says with a yearning  to be there already.

"What did you say the name of your town is?" Adam asks. In the blink of an eye Adam had changed from calm and relaxed to sharp and observant. Everyone else noticed the change in him too.

Blue looks at him questioningly. "Henrietta. Why?" She asks.

Adam looks stunned. He stands there not saying anything until finally Ronan and Noah come over to see what's wrong. Finally, Adam shakes his head with wide eyes and says,"I don't live to far away from there."

"Really! Where do you live?" Blue asks, shocked.

Adam licks his chapped lips, "About half an hour outside of town."

"Wow, I can't believe we didn't know each other then," Blue mumbles.

"Yea that's, that's weird," Adam whispers, currently thinking of other things from home besides never seeing Blue around town.

"Something wrong, Parrish?" Gansey says while placing a hand on his shoulder.

Adam blinks."Yeah no I'm fine," He says shaking Gansey's hand off. Gansey frowns but backs off.

"I still can't believe that I had never seen you around or anything!" Blue says flabbergasted.

"I was kinda a wall flower," Adam says quietly.

Blue nods."Well then I guess it makes sense." Blue looks up at him and rolls the question off of her tongue. "Well did you ever hear about me?"

Adam looks at her curiously."No, but I wish that I had," Adam says more calm now.

Blue blushes and looks down, confused on how to take that complement. Ronan turns away and rolls his eyes. Noah looks between them and let's out a small laugh. Ronan turns and glares. "Something funny Czerny?" Ronan asks curtly.