Chapter Thirteen

Huffing, Ronan slams the door of his dorm. Adam and himself had just finished chasing Blue around campus after she had walked in on them. After that Ronan and Adam couldn't do much more than yell at her not to tell anyone (Ronan doing the yelling) and asking her to understand (Adam did the asking) until Blue of course just laughed at them and promised that she had already known how they felt about each other and that of course she wouldn't tell anyone. At this, both of the boys looked at one another and blushed. It's not like either of them had expected it to happen. Adam had still been unconsciously making himself oblivious to his feelings for Ronan, and of Ronan's obvious feelings towards himself. And Ronan never would have dreamed that Adam might actually accept the fact that they were into each other, especially not in that sudden situation they had put themselves into.

After that Blue had smiled and walked off towards the library, claiming that she was going to help Neeve study. As soon as she was gone Ronan diverted his full attention back to Adam, who was far to busy fiddling with his thumbs and keeping his head bowed. Ronan frowned and opened his mouth to say something, anything to help the situation. But surprisingly enough, Adam was the first one to speak. "I didn't really expect that," He says meekly.

"And I didn't really plan that," Ronan replies casually.

"Really? It all seemed to you to not have been planned out," Adam states, still not looking up.

"Well the definition of me is perfect so, only if it was perfect," Ronan states cheekily.

Adam rolls his eyes. "As perfect as a dog is to a two year old," He says sarcastically.

Ronan raises his eyebrows."Are you a two year old then?" He asks.

Adam cringes."I think that that would be pedophilia, or beastieality."

Suddenly Ronan changes the direction of the conversation. "Adam. Was that wrong back there? Did I overstep a line that I shouldn't have?" Ronan asks him seriously. There was an almost pleading look in his eyes that begged Adam to say no.

"Well hell, if you did then I guess that I did to," Adam says with a crooked smile.

Ronan laughs loud and long."Yeah, yeah I guess so," He  says smiling a real smile that is only ever reserved for Adam Parrish.

Adam smiles too."Ronan just how long have you been looking at me and I was to stubborn to notice?"

"About a month into school or so," Ronan says with a blush rising to his neck.

Adam's smile has turned even softer, warmer. "You should have shook some sense into me sooner then."

Ronan smiles just as softly."It wouldn't have been right, and it sure as hell wouldn't have worked. I'm surprised it worked now," He says honestly.

"So am I. This doesn't really seem like something I would do," Adam says sincerely.

"What do you mean?" Ronan asks, although he is none to confused in the slightest about what Adam was saying.

Adam rolls his eyes."You know, that I could ever have a spur of the moment make out session with bad boy Ronan Lynch in the middle of the woods," Adam says honestly. And truthfully, Adam was right. He had always been a careful person, not getting to attached to anymore people that would cause him trouble, if he could help it that is. And Ronan Lynch just seems like one of those troubles he can't help but getting attached to.

Ronan raises a mischievous eyebrow and smirks haughtily. "Bad boy, ey?" He asks, pleased.

Adam rolls his eyes and steps closer."Don't get cocky there Lynch. After all, maybe I'm not into bad boys," He says.