Prologue

Prologue:
I've never been to keen on the position that has been bestowed on me since birth. Or my gift.

Of course, I'm not complaining that can basically eat what ever I want on any given day, it's just...complicated.

My life has been a series of pre-planned events that result in me being seen as a gift from God. An angel. A prodigy.

Let me tell you, I am far from living up to that title. Like the Sun from Earth, far.

My parents aren't the ones who do this to me. It's actually my dad's parents. Or at least, Grandpa.

He wants me to be this perfect, little girl, but I'm not.

I supposed to have "natural" hair, I dyed the tips blue. I was born with green eyes, I wear contacts. I'm supposed to wear dresses everywhere, I wear skinny jeans.

In public, I like to make sarcastic jokes and talk about annoying people instead of kingdom policies.

See what I mean, I'm not perfect.

But with him, I felt like I was perfect but not the perfect everyone expected me to be.
-
Lux has always felt boxed in by her royal life. Of course, she loves her parents, brother, and friends, but she wants to live a little.

Her life becomes to much to bare when her parents can't seem to convince her grandfather that she shouldn't be forced to marry to stop the upcoming war.

When her brother and her are whisked away on a larger than life adventure, will be too much for even Lux?

And what's with the tattooed guy who she seemed to be drawn to?

"How much did I love him? I can't tell you that. But I can tell how I felt when I lost him. Like poison was running through my veins at a million miles an hour getting closer and closer to my heart. Then boom it stopped beating."