Set it Off {14}

No, #Luxiel or #Carllen in this chapter. It's going to be completely a Maegan and Zane chapter. But before that, Mae and Nicola. I know it seems like there's is no Maegane, but there is. This is a mega chapter.

Chapter 14:
Two weeks. Two weeks of dealing with him.

Maegan had had enough. Zane was annoying her so much that she wanted to give him a gun to shoot her with. Or let him push her off a cliff.

"Mae?" a soft voice said.

The brunette turned to see Nicola in the doorway. They smiled at each other; Maegan was glad that it wasn't Zane.

"Come in, Nicky." Mae replied and put down the book she was reading.

The blonde did as she was told and entered the room, closing the door behind her. She sat on the bed next to Mae and pulled her legs up next to her. "I was wondering if Zane has been treating you well. You two seem to be talking a lot."

Yeah, him making stupid comments and me telling him to shut up.

"He's...okay." Mae lied.

"That's good. Zane isn't really the kind of boy to talk to girls. Or anyone for that matter. He is on more on the shy side. That's why I was so confused when he started talking to you. That's just not something that he does. I'm usually the one who associates with others."

He didn't talk and flirt with other girls? So he isn't a player? What the hell is wrong with him now?

"Um, I don't really know why he's speaking to me. I'm not anything special. I'm definitely not Lux."

"What about Lux? Zane is completely against the whole arranged marriage thing. When he was told about it, he threw the chair he was sitting in across the room and left the room."

Mae's eyes widened. Why does he brag about it all the time then?

"He always talks about how him and Lux are going to be the next power couple." Mae said.

"Zane thinks Lux is a stuck-up. He hates the idea of her. He said that he would rather be submerged is rubbing alcohol and thrown in a fire than marry her."

"What?"

"Maegan, I think he likes you."

The brunette stared at the blonde in shock before busting out laughing.

"Zane likes me? That's the funniest thing I've ever heard." she said, laughing between each word.

"Maegan, I'm being serious. I know my brother, and I've never seen him go out of his way to hang out with a girl before. He's only ever done it for you."

"All he does is annoy me."

"Zane hides his feelings. Especially if he doesn't understand them. And I think he doesn't want to act on them because he knows that he would be taken from you once Lux comes back. He doesn't want that for you."

Maegan was shocked by Nicola's words. Did Zane like her? Was he trying to protect her?

"And I have another theory." Nicola stated.