Set It Off {17}

*Song goes with chapter, but you can listen to it whenever you like*

Chapter 17:
As soon as she stepped out of the door, Lux fell to the floor. She let out all the tears she had been holding back in Terra. She sobbed uncontrollably into her hands and could tell her makeup was running down her face.

"Lux?" a voice said.

The said girl removed her hands from her face and looked up to see Maegan. The brunette was staring at her in concern.

"Mae!" Lux exclaimed.

Mae chuckled and got down to hug her cousin. They held on to each other for a long time. After a minute, the brunette felt her shoulder become wet.

"What's wrong, Lux? Other than the obvious."

"I-I ha-ad to le-e-eave Dan-ny." she sobbed.

"Danny?"

"T-the b-boy I lo-ove."

Mae's eyes widened. "You fell in love?"

Lux nodded into her shoulder. "I left without saying goodbye."

"I'm sorry to interrupt you girls, but Lux, you have to meet the Weaseltowns." Mal said from the hidden door.

The said girl wiped her eyes and got up with the help of her cousin. She straightened her outfit and held on to her mother as they walked down the now unfamiliar walls of the castle.

Lux had become accustomed to the beige-painted walls of Michelle's home. The warm atmosphere had been so welcoming compared to the cold walls of the palace. She held back a shiver as the frigid air hit her exposed arms.

How she longed to be back in Daniel's tattooed arms. She already missed the security that she felt when she was with him.

She also missed hanging out with Carter. The brunette had reminded her much of Maegan, and that was probably the reason they got along so well. She loved how the girl could be a human fireball when she was angry, but immediately, become a therapist if you needed her.

Callen was to go back to Terra after the wedding and would be allowed to be with Carter. Lux was happy for him, but at the same time, her heart was being broken all over again. She was envious of her younger brother. How he could be with the person he loved.

Lemony Snicket said, "Fate is like a strange unpopular restaurant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like."

He couldn't be more correct.

Fate is a cruel game that plays with your emotions. Plays your way for a while before ripping you away from everything you've grown to love.

Fate is supposed to bring you to where you're meant to be. But no one said that it played fair.

"Aluxandra, it's a pleasure to finally meet you." a voice said, pulling her out of her thoughts.

She looked up to see a short, blond man with his hand extended to her. Her mother nudged her and gave her a look that said, "Just do it, get it over with."

She hesitantly lifted her hand and placed it in his. They shook them a couple times before stepping back.

"These are my children, Zane and Nicola." the man said and gestures to the two teenagers behind him.

Lux looked at them and saw the boy glance over at her before looking at something behind her. She didn't think anything of it and glanced at the girl.

She was very pretty with shoulder-length blond hair and big blue eyes. She looked a lot like her brother except his hair had splashes of dark brown in it.

"Lux, why don't you and Maegan go back to your room? I'm sure you have catching up to do." Mal suggested.

The girl nodded before walking off with Mae to her room. They walked in silence as both of them were lost in their own thoughts.

Maegan couldn't get the bleach-blond boy out of her head. His grey eyes were burned forever in her memory, and they seemed to haunt her. When he looked at her a minute ago, her emotions sparked, and she wanted nothing more to run into his arms.

She had never felt this way, and she was surprised to say that she loved it. It was amazing, beautiful even, that the annoying boy that she couldn't stand from the beginning had now become the boy she had feelings for. But it broke her heart that she had to like him from afar. She was envious of her cousin.

The sound of crying brought Maegan back to reality. She then realized that they were in Lux's room and her bed. She looked to see the girl yet again crying into her hands.

She wrapped her arms around her cousin. "Tell me about the boy you fell in love with."

Lux pulled out of the brunette's arms and leaned back against headboard. "His name was Daniel Lee. He was Aunt Michelle's neighbor. Callen is dating Daniel's sister, Carter."

"Is that all?"

"He looked quite intimidating with all his tattoos, but when he was around me, he was adorable. He always made me feel safe and like I could do anything."

Mae thought about her parents' wedding picture.

"How much did you love him?" the brunette whispered.

"How much did I love him? I can't tell you that. But I can tell how I felt when I lost him. Like poison was running through my veins at a million miles an hour getting closer and closer to my heart. Then boom it stopped beating." Lux paused. "And it will never beat again until I have my antidote."

"How can you feel that way when you've only known him for a month?"

The purple-hair girl smiled softly. "When you're meant to be with someone, a day with them will seem like an eternity. I might have only known Daniel for a month, but I've loved him for an eternity times 30."

Mae looked away. "What if I told you...." She stopped.

"Tell me what?"

"Nothing it's not important."

Lux became curious but didn't push the girl. "When you feel comfortable, you can tell me anything."

Hey y'all! So here we go!

So something big happened over the weekend...

I turned 14!

My birthday was January 9th, and I had a pretty good time that day.

Anyone else's birthday in January? Cuz I'll give you a shoutout.

QOTC: What do you think or want to happen with #Luxiel and #Maegane?

SOTC: Back to December by Taylor Swift