Set It Off {6}

Chapter 6:
"This is the gardens. The Royal children usually have their tutoring. As of right now, only one of the Royal children is out of tutoring. But she usually spends her days here too." Maegan explained.

"When will we get the honor of meeting the prince and princess?" Nicola asked.

Mae tensed up. "They've gone to visit a family member. They will be there a while."

"Oh."

"They're hiding from us, aren't they?" Zane snapped.

Nicola slapped her brother's arm. "Zane, she has been nothing but nice to us. Don't snap at her."

"No, it's fine." Maegan stepped directly in front of Zane. "I recommend that you refrain from speaking to me like that, boy. I can take you down in a heartbeat. I have pepper spray." She turned to Nicola. "Come on, I'll show you the rest of the castle."

-
Lux and Carter talked for hours. It was almost like they were best friends already.

"So what's up with you and my brother?" Lux asked.

The other girl blushed. "We just met."

"I saw the way you two looked at each other."

"I mean he's really REALLY attractive, but I don't know anything about him."

"Seven Minutes in Heaven will fix that."

Carter blushed even harder. "I would be too awkward to play that."

"Whatever."

"My brother looked pretty smitten with you too."

Now it was Lux's turn to blush.

"He was staring at you the entire time. And when you walked over to the other couch to sit, it looked like he was prepared to get up and follow you." Carter said.

"I highly doubt we would work."

"And why is that?"

Because my parents wouldn't approve, and I have to leave soon to go back to basically another dimension.

"We just wouldn't. I don't think we're each other's types."

"And how do you know my brother's type?"

"He just looks like he's one of those guys who goes for rebellious chicks. I can be rebellious but not all the time."

"That's kinda true, but he actually likes nerds too."

Lux chuckled. "Not really one of those either."

"Then what's your type?"

"Someone I can go on an adventure with no matter how crazy it is."

"He probably would do that."

Lux smiled softly. "I don't really have time to find out."

"Why?"

"I have to leave soon."

"Oh. How long are you staying?"

"I don't know."

"Well, you might as well start now."

"Start what?"

"Getting to know my brother." Carter announced and dragged the other girl out of the room.

"Well, if I'm getting forced to do this, then I'm forcing you to get to know my brother."

"Deal."

QOTC: Who are you shipping right now?

SOTC: Miss Movin' On by Fifth Harmony

[Maegan is played by Lauren Jauregui from Fifth Harmony]