Set It Off {5}

Chapter 5:
At the castle in Auradon, Ben was sitting at his desk trying to find a way to annul the marriage contract between one of the Weaseltown children and his kids. Sure, he could just annul it himself, but like his father said, he didn't want war.

Mal knocked on the doorway to get her husband's attention. The man looked up from the papers and motioned for her to come closer. She obeyed and went to sit on his lap.

"They're here, Ben." she told him.

"Who?"

"The Weaseltowns."

"Just the kids?"

"Yes."

"Get someone to show them around and make sure they are far from Lux and Callen's rooms."

The purple-haired woman nodded and walked out of the office. She knew exactly who could show them around.

She walked down several hallways until she reached the room. She knocked and waited a couple seconds for the door to open.

"Oh, hey Aunt Mal." Maegan said.

"Hello Mae. I was wondering if you would show around Zane and Nicola."

"As in the kids who are trying to marry my cousins?"

"Yes."

"Why me exactly?"

"Because I know you won't put up with their bull."

Mae smiled. "Well, I am my father's daughter."

"They are in the Grand Hall waiting."

The girl nodded and walked out of the room leaving Mal alone.

She hoped that her plan worked.

-
Maegan was nervous about meeting the Weaseltowns. I mean who wouldn't be when you about the meet the grandchildren of a man who could start a war with one wrong move.

She wrung her hands in anxiety. She had to be the perfect host.

Wait a second. she thought. They can't do anything to me. I'll beat their ass.

She let out a deep breath as she made it to the large door that led into the Grand Hall. She pushed it open and ran into someone. Literally.

"Zane! Help the poor girl." a sweet voice said.

Maegan saw a hand being extended to her, and she hesitantly took it. She slowly looked up and immediately saw blue-almost grey-eyes.

A boy stood in front of her. He was quite tall and had bleach blonde hair with hints of dark brown in it.

"Sorry." he mumbled.

The girl stepped out of his arms that were around her waist awkwardly.

"No harm done." She straightened out her outfit. "Now, you must be the Weaseltowns."

"Yes, we are." the sweet voice from earlier said. A girl with blonde hair and a small frame stepped out from behind the boy. She extended her hand. "I'm Nicola."

The brown haired girl smiled and shook her hand. "Princess Maegan, but I prefer just Maegan."

Nicola nudged the boy. He uncrossed his arms and let them flop at his side. "Zane."

"Nice to meet you." Maegan replied through gritted teeth.

Nicola felt the tension and quickly tried to break it. "So you will be giving us the tour."

"Yes. I guess we should begin."

I'm sorry that Lux and Callen weren't in this but I wanted to write a chapter about what was happening back in Auradon.

The beginning of the next chapter should be a continuation of this. But just the beginning.

QOTC: What do you think of Zane and Nicola so far?

SOTC: Hercules by Fly Away Hero (The guy who plays Zane is in that band)

[Zane is played by Dalton Rapattoni and Nicola is playing by Dakota Fanning]