Set it Off {18 Pt. 2}

Chapter 18 (Cont):
Maegan sat up abruptly and looked around. She realized she was back in her room. It was pitch black except for the small amount of light from the hallway. It was around 3 am, but Mae knew that there was no chance that she was going back to sleep.

Bertha, where had she heard that name before?

Her eyes widened when she remembered.

Bertha was her great-mother on her father's side, mother of Maleficent.

Was she the one who casted the spell? Mae believed so since the woman had known so much about it.

Then she remembered what Bertha said.

"I have to find Daniel." the girl stated and got out of her bed.

She pulled on a pair of skinnies along with a black sweater. She pulled her hair up into a messy bun before putting on a pair of boots.

She opened her bedroom door and looked into the hallway. No one was awake except for her and the guards stationed at the front and back of the castle.

She shut her door quietly behind her before creeping down the hallway. She carefully headed towards the secret door and made sure that no one was following her.

She did what Mal had done when she was brought here for the first time and stepped into the room.

As soon as the secret door was shut, she walked over to the portal to Terra. She had never set foot out of Auradon and wasn't sure she wanted to. But she knew that she was the only one that could get Daniel and Lux back together.

She slowly opened the door and peered into the living room of Michelle's house. She hadn't expected it to just be a door to a living room.

A short woman walked in and squealed when she saw Maegan standing in front of the door.

"Who are you?" the woman asked.

"I'm Maegan, Lux's cousin. You must be her Aunt Michelle." Mae said and extended her hand.

Michelle shook her hand. "Not to be rude, but why are you here?"

"Lux is in trouble, and I am here to help her."

"Isn't she in Auradon?"

Mae nodded. "I must find a boy named Daniel. He's the only one who can save her."

"Daniel Lee?"

Mae nodded again. "I'm need to find him and get him and Lux back together."

"He's my next door neighbor. I'm surprised he hasn't come today. He usually does."

As soon as she said that, the doorbell rang making the two turn their attention to it. Michelle looked at Mae in apology before heading to the door.

Mae sat on the couch and waited for the woman to come back. She started to play with the bracelet that her mother had given her when she was 15 and noticed something.

"Protector Futurus," was in cursive on her wrist.

She pulled her sweater sleeve down immediately and prayed she was seeing things.

"I would like you to meet someone." Mae heard from the hallway.

Michelle walked back in the living room with a tall boy behind her. He raised his eyebrows when he saw Mae and looked back at Michelle.

"This is Maegan, Lux's cousin." Michelle stated. The boy looked back at Mae. "This is Daniel, Maegan."

The boy spoke before the girl could say anything. "Where is Lux?"

The brunette looked at her lap. "She's not here."

"I can see that."

"No, you don't understand. Lux isn't even in this world."

She heard a hearty laugh come from the boy. "What are talking about?"

"Lux is in a place called Auradon where she is to be married tomorrow. Married to a boy that she met yesterday."

"You're insane."

"Daniel, she'll telling the truth. I'm originally from Auradon. Lux is to be Queen. She was brought here to make sure the father of her betrothed wouldn't find her before her father could find a loophole in the arrangement. He couldn't find one so she was brought back there." Michelle explained.

"Are you two high?"

"No, we're not. And I have proof." a voice spoke, and Maegan recognized it as her own.

Her body started working on its own accord and pulled up her sleeve. She waved her hand over the words on her wrist, and something lit up by the door to Auradon.

Mae stood up and walked over to it. She gasped when she saw it was a tear. She touched it, and it set off a burst of light.

She jumped back when she saw the face of Lux. It was like a hologram in a Star Wars movie or a ghost in Harry Potter.

"Daniel, I'm sorry that I couldn't be there to tell you this in person. I'm sorry I left without a goodbye. I'm sorry that this isn't the real me. I'm just the spirit of Lux that Mae brought out.

What Maegan and Aunt Michelle say is true. There is a whole other world that you never knew about; a world full of magic. I'm the soon-to-be Queen of Auradon. My parents are the current rulers and will step down tomorrow.

I also am arranged to be married tomorrow.

You need to listen to what Maegan says, she's my protector. You are also the only one who can save me."

The image disappeared, and Mae looked at Daniel. He stared bewildered at the spot that Lux's spirit had once stood.

"What was that?" he asked.

"Spirits know everything; even if their human minds don't." Maegan's voice spoke without her consent again.

"I have to save her."

Mae smiled. "Sit down then. There's a lot of explaining that I have to do."

Hey y'all! I'm sorry if this chapter's a little confusing.

To clarify:

Mae's wrist basically says, "Protector of the Future."

Maegan's powers are working on their own because Mae has no idea what she's doing.

She called upon Lux's spirit that was in the tear.

Okay, now that that's done. I have to tell you some sad news. This story's almost over. Maybe two or three chapters then an epilogue.

QOTC: Would you guys read a teen fiction book written by me?

SOTC: One Call Away by Charlie Puth