Set it Off {18 Pt. 1}

Chapter 18:
Maegan opened her eyes and saw a blue sky above her head. She turned her head to the side and realized she was lying on the ground. Her eyebrows scrunched together in confusion.

"What the hell am I doing here?" she asked before standing up.

"Fulfilling your destiny." a voice said from behind her.

Mae turned around quickly and turned to see a beautiful young woman with purple hair and green eyes taking steps towards her.

"Who are you?"

The woman smiled. "That's not important right now. I don't have much time, and I need to tell you something."

"What is it?"

The woman sat down on the grass and motioned for Mae to do the same. The girl slowly walked towards her before sitting down a foot away.

"It wasn't just fate that brought you and Zane together as well as Aluxandra and Daniel." the woman spoke.

Mae looked at her in confusion.

"Magic is a very powerful thing, Maegan Chord. It can either be used for good or for the corruption of others. It can change the past or affect the future. But the magic used on you and your cousin was something more."

"What are you talking about?"

"A long time ago, a spell was cast that all descendants of the Auradon line shall be bonded with another that will make the line stronger. The caster didn't know that it wouldn't just affect the first of the line after the spell but every single one fated to be the rulers of Auradon. It started with Mal and Ben. And then it was passed down. One part to Aluxandra, and the other part to you, my child."

Mae's eyes widened. "But I'm not to be the ruler of Auradon!"

"You're special, my child. Just like your father. You are destined to become the protector of Fate. You are destined to be the protector of Aluxandra." she paused. "Just like your father was destined to be the protector of Mal."

"This is all a dream, right? It's all happening inside my head; it's not real?"

"Of course, it's happening inside your head, Maegan, but why on Earth should that mean that it is not real?"

"Don't quote Harry Potter! I'm having a mental breakdown right now."

"Calm down, Maegan. I know it's a lot to take in. But I need to get to the part that I need to tell you."

The girl nodded.

"You have to get Aluxandra and Daniel back together. It's your destiny. If you don't, all will be lost, and Auradon will be left in despair. Without the proper rulers, Auradon will fall."

"How the hell am I supposed to get them back together? The wedding is tomorrow! And how am I even going to negotiate with Zane's father?"

The woman smiled. "You're more intelligent than you think, Maegan Chord. You will figure it out."

She started to fade away, and Mae knew immediately that she was waking up.

"Wait! Who are you?" Mae called to the almost invisible woman.

"Bertha." is all she heard before she woke up.

Happy belated birthday to klutzy_purple_catz

QOTC: What do you think about this part?

SOTC: Crash Test Dummy by Reed Deming