New neighbors; Adeline Falling Star

Hello I'm June hope you enjoy

Alex-

Some people find me very odd, for the reason that I don't talk. Not for six years to be precise. The reason for talking is to communicate with people around you, to share your emotions. But in my situation I don't have anyone around, anyone to share my feelings with. I've become used to it, and the few people who are around me have too. I was just traumatized after the accident, my sister and I were so close. Her name was Chelsea, she died too young, fifteen isn't enough time for a wonderful person like her to live. And my mom....she's gone too from the car crash.

I never had a dad, he passed away before I was born. I was thirteen when they both died, and I'm now eighteen. And me, the only person that lived through the accident; and I won't even talk, not since that day. I hear a knock at my apartment door, leading me to set my novel that I was in the middle of reading down on the coffee table.

My bare feet pad across the carpet, opening the door a crack. Once I see its my mail man Roger I completely open it, smiling at him.

"How are ya Alex?" Roger asks, handing over the stack of papers.

I take hold of them with my chipped fingernails, clutching the mail to my chest. I nod my head with a smile,

"That's good." He grins.

"Your book came." He informs me, nodding down to the pile of papers in my hands.

My eyes widen with excitement as I look down to the mail in my arms. I look back up to Roger, giving him one last wide smile before he says his goodbye; mine being nothing but a wave.

I eagerly find the large packet, tearing the orange envelope open before reaching inside; pulling out the book. My fingers run over the worn out bindings of Adeline Falling Star. I've searched for this book for who knows how long, and it never came around. But, one day I was online and came acrossed it, and got it shipped to me as soon as possible.

I read this book when I was little, my sister had urged me to read it because she insisted I would like it. This book, is the book that got me obsessed with reading. If you look around my apartment, you will find books everywhere. On the coffee table, the kitchen counters, my bed, my nightstand, maybe even under the bed. I'm about to open the first page before I hear shouts from the hall, deep voices flooding throughout the apartment building floor in laughs. I get up slowly, peeking through my door to see a few boys standing outside the hall, watterbottles in hand; the caps off. When a boy with dark hair send his water flying in a direction I peek out a little further, seeing a blonde boy which it was aimed at. My door creaks, sending their eyes in my direction. I quickly close it, locking the door to return to my book.

Harry-

I chuckle as Niall un-caps his water bottle, chucking water across the hallway in my direction. Zayn throws water at Niall next. I hear a sound from across the hallway, my eyes flashing to the source. I see a door shut, not thinking anything of it before I return to the water fight.

"Guys." I hear Liams voice, another cardboard box in his hands.

"I said help me get boxes." He scolds us.

Even though he isn't the oldest of our group, he is the most responsible.

"We do have neighbors and you guys are being loud." He adds on. I look to the door that had caught my attention earlier.

Door twenty seven.

"Does someone live in there?" I ask, pointing to the door across from us with my almost emptied water bottle.

"Yeah, a girl. The apartment manager gave me some information on the people who live on this floor with us. Theres just the girl, and an old man at the end of the hall." He informs us.

"Will she break into our apartments in the middle of the night? I've had that happen before." Niall says.

I shake my head while laughing. Niall has the craziest stories ever.

Liam chuckles, thrusting the box he had been holding into my arms.

"Probably not. The manager said she's lived here for a few years. She about our age and she stays to herself. She doesn't speak." Liam says.

All five of our faces turn into one of confusion.

"What, is she deaf?" Louis asks.

"No, he said she doesn't talk by choice."

"Why?" I question.

"What is this twenty one questions? Help me get boxes." Liam laughs, walking away from us.

The boys start trailing after Liam down the hallway, my gaze falling upon door twenty seven; where the girl lives.

I feel water splash across my front, my eyes diverting to a laughing Zayn in front of me. I chuckle, running after him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note: Hey babes, so I've started this new fanfic, and it's quite different. Please know that I did not steal this story from anybody, I got this idea from a book I read. I love to read, hehe. And I know it's a bit different from my other stories but I've decided to try something new. If you haven't read my other Fanfics, for them a try! PS: All the boys are not famous in this story! But they are all friends!

'Fix A Heart (A Harry Fanfic)'

&

'Start It All Over Again (A Harry Fanfic)'

:D