Chapter 1

6 months ago.

"Good Morning Kennedy!"

"NURSE HALEY! You're back!"

"Of course I'm back; you don't think I would miss your big day!"

Kennedy's smile widens at her favorite nurse. Today is the day the Kennedy has been waiting for for several weeks. Today the Make a Wish staff will be coming into talk with her about what she wants to be her wish. She has been coming up with ideas for weeks and can't decide.

"Mommy what time will they be here?" The excited 7 year old asks. Kennedy's mom Stacey smiles over at her daughter.

"Around 11 pretty girl, but until then you need to do what Nurse Haley tells you so that you can get better." Kennedy smiles at her mom and nods her head.

This is not the way things were supposed to be for them, but it had become their new normal over the past few months. Kennedy was a healthy, smart, funny little girl until last summer when her mom noticed she was getting bruises and they weren't going away. After taking her to the doctor, Stacey got the news every parent fears. Kennedy had leukemia. Luckily it had been caught quickly and Kennedy chances of survival were very high. Which brings us to the present, the doctors had been pleased with Kennedy's improvement and her numbers were looking great so it looked like it was only a matter of time before she would be in remission.

11 o'clock finally came around and the girls made their way down the hallway to the elevators which would take them to the conference room where Kennedy and Stacey would meet with the team who would help make her wish come true. They reached the elevators Kennedy pressed the button and stood back to wait for the doors to open. When the elevator dinged and the doors opened Kennedy screamed in excitement upon seeing the people on board.

"Aunt Maggie! Gramma! Papa!" she screamed "Are you hear for my big day?" The 3 adults smiled and unison said yes. Kennedy ran into the arms of her Aunt Maggie who picked up the little girl giving her a hug. Stacey joined them on the elevator greeting her family and thanking them for coming up to the hospital for this occasion.

"Kennie, do you have your wish picked out yet?" Stacey's mom asked. Kennedy smiled and held up a folded piece of paper.

"No not yet Gramma, but I have a couple ideas written down."

The elevator dinged announcing their arrival to the main hospital floor. The group stepped out and headed down the hallway toward the conference room. When they arrived at the room they were greeted by Kennedy's favorite nurses Haley and Susan, along with her doctor, Dr. Cooper.

"Hi Kennedy!" Dr. Cooper greeted the little girl. "I have a few friends in here I would like you and your mommy to meet. Would you like to meet them?" Kennedy wiggled out of her aunt's arms and was now standing next to her mom grabbing of a hold of her hand.

"Yes please!" the 7 year old said excitedly.

"Alright everyone come on in"

Stacey looked over at her mom, dad, and sister who smiled. "We will wait out here hun, this is for you and Kennedy" her mom stated.

"Are you sure?" Stacey asked. "Dr. Cooper said everyone was welcomed."

"We know but this is Kennedy's moment and we don't want her to be overwhelmed or feel too much pressure" her mother explained. Stacey smiled and nodded.

"Ok then, I guess we will see after the decision is made." Stacey said with a laugh and walked into the conference room.

Stacey entered the conference room which was filled with pictures and banners of other kids receiving their wishes, along with balloons and a cake in the center of the table. Kennedy was now standing with Nurse Haley and Nurse Susan looking at picture of a little boy meeting Mickey Mouse.