Chapter 7

Stacey was sitting her couch watching Monday night football and browsing the internet when she heard her phone ringing.

"Hey handsome!" Stacey said smiling seeing that it was Joe calling her.

"Hey babygirl I hope I didn't interrupt anything."

"Nope just watching some football and looking at birthday party stuff online." she responded looking up from her laptop at what was on the TV.

"The Panthers are looking good this year aren't they? Anyways, I have some good news. I am off the schedule this week for house shows so I will be able to come in early for Kennedy's birthday." Joe told her.

"Really? I know she will be so excited and I can't wait to spend more time with you. I told her we were dating but I don't think completely understands it yet since we don't see each other like normal couples do."

"Yes." Joe said laughing lightly at his girlfriend's excitement before continuing. "And Jordan is coming in with her mom on Saturday morning."

"Joe, you told Jessica I said she is more the welcomed at the birthday party. I don't want her just sitting in a hotel alone." Stacey questioned her boyfriend.

"I told her. She said thank you and it was sweet you invited her but she had to decline because she already has plans apparently one of her college friends now lives in Columbus, I guess it's been a few years since they have seen each other." Joe explained.

"Alright, I just wanted to make sure. So what time are you getting in? I can pick you up from the airport that you don't have to spend money on a rental car." Stacey offered her boyfriend, knowing he was already spending a lot of money by coming to see her.

"Yea that will work. My plane comes at 1:15pm." He told Stacey as he looked at his flight itinerary on his email.

"Kennedy will be so surprised to see you when she gets home from school, especially since she didn't even know you were coming at all to her party." She told him before they finished their phone call so that Joe could get on the road to the next town and Stacey could get to bed.

Thursday afternoon rolled around and Stacey was sitting at the arrivals gate waiting for Joe. His plane had landed 15 minutes ago according to his text and was making his way to baggage claim. A few moments later she saw him appear from the door. As he made his way toward the vehicle, Stacey watched as a young boy approached him. Joe stopped and removed his sunglasses before kneeling down to the little boy's level to talk and sign the paper he was holding. The sight before her made Stacey smile, Joe was so amazing with his fans, especially the kids. When he was finished Joe stood up and made his way to the car. Stacey turned toward the passenger side as the door opened.

"Sorry about that" Joe said as he climbed into Stacey's SUV turning to give his girlfriend a sweet kiss which she returned.

"Don't be sorry, I loved watching you interact with that little boy, reminds me of how awesome you were with Kennedy that first day." Stacey told him as she leaned over the center console to deepen another kiss with Joe.

"I missed you babygirl." Joe told her as they pulled away for air.

"I missed you too." She replied as she readjusted herself in the driver's seat. Stacey put the car in drive and began to head back to her apartment. During the short trip she and Joe discussed his latest matches and his life on the road. Joe was in the middle of a story about Dean driving a few of them to the show when Stacey's phone beeped alerting her to a message. She looked over at her phone and checked the message.

"Oh shit! I completely forgot!" Stacey said out loud as she began to switch lanes and head in a different direction.

"What did you forget?" Joe asked confused.