Chapter 9

A quick A/N All flashback's are done in the the POV of the person who is having said flashback. Hopefully its not to confusing.

Flashback Stacey's POV

Today was like any other Tuesday in October, the weather was sunny and there was a slight chill in the air. I had several classes with a small break for lunch in between before it was time to head to soccer practice. I love working with the soccer team and their head athletic trainer Dan. They're so great Jenn the other student athletic trainer and I, especially given my current circumstances. After practice ends Jenn and I go dinner in the cafeteria with Caroline, my roommate. It will probably be the last time we will get to have some girl time before my baby arrives. I still can't believe I'm about to be a mom, this wasn't supposed to happen this way, I was supposed to be married and graduated with a great job, but life has a funny way of changing any plans we think we may have. As we walk in to the cafeteria we scan the meal stations to see what the options were available before Caroline and I settle on grilled cheese and Jenn settles on chicken tenders. As we make our way to an open table we pass by a large group of fraternity boys laughing and carrying on. I walk as quickly as a 38 week pregnant girl can away from their table, the last thing I need is more drama.

"Was Bryce over there, I saw you move away from them pretty quickly?" Caroline asked as we reach the table.

"I didn't even look, he's the last person I want to see right now." I tell her. Just the thought of him annoys me. He's the reason everything is so screwed up right now. "I just want to eat then go home and relax. My feet hurt and the baby is putting a ton of pressure on my pelvis right now." Caroline and Jenn each give me a small smile.

"So he still hasn't talked to you?" Jenn asks me.

"Nope, I guess he was serious when he said if I had the baby he wasn't going to be a part of anything."

"He's a dick. He better hope I never see him alone, I will beat his ass for what he's doing." Caroline tells me making me laugh because I know she means every word she is saying. The thought of him huddling in a corner begging for mercy from her brings a small smile to my face.

"Chill Caro, he isn't worth it." I tell my friend trying to prevent a scene from happening here in the cafeteria. "My dad still thinks I should take him to court, but I don't see the point. It's just going to create stress for me." I tell both of them.

"Hopefully he'll realize how stupid he's being and come around." Jenn says sweetly with sympathetic smile. That's what I love about Jenn she always sees the best in everyone.

"Maybe but I'm not counting it." I say as I go to take another bite of my sandwich as I feel a pain rip though my lower abdomen. "Ouch!" I say as my sandwich drops to my plate and I grimace in pain.

"Stacey, you okay? We can leave. I'll drive you back to the house." Caroline offers.

"No I'm fine. It's just a contraction. I've been getting them here and there the last week or so."

"Are you sure? I don't mind driving you; Jenn can follow us in your car." She tells me.

"No I'm good, let's finish eating." I tell her before I go back to finishing my dinner.

We continue eating dinner with no more drama. After I drop off Jenn; Caroline and I make our way back to our off campus house. She insisted on following me to and from Jenn's house just in case something happened. Once inside we go our separate ways to our rooms to start studying for the classes we have the next day. As I'm trying to studying I feel like something is different, I'm not sure what but I just don't feel right. Maybe I'm just being paranoid but next thing I know I'm standing at Caroline's door. Caroline is sitting on her bed reading something for her marketing project when she looks up at me standing there rubbing my stomach something that had become my comfort mechanism when I was nervous or upset.