Chapter 13

A week and a half had past and Stacey still hadn't figured out how to tell Joe about her run in with Charlotte. She and Joe talked everyday through text and calls just like before but she never could find the right way or time to bring it up, she kept telling herself this was something that needed to be done in person and away from the WWE locker room. She was sure Joe could tell something was bothering with her; he had been extra sweet since her trip to Kansas City and St. Louis. But today she had to push all those thoughts aside since it was Kennedy's turn to be in the spotlight.

After returning from the trip Stacey told Kennedy that she was going to be interviewed about having her wish granted but nothing about WWE's involvement. Kennedy was excited but nervous; she had obviously never been interviewed before and was scared the questions were going to be hard.

Kennedy and Stacey were sitting in the hallway of the hotel waiting for the production people to finish setting up. Kennedy's now shoulder length brown hair was being pinned back on one side with some bobby pins and she was wearing suede boots, skinny jeans, a long sleeved white shirt with a glitter star on the front, and a sparkly moto jacket. Stacey opted to dress casual wearing jeans, a pink lace top and riding boots seeing as she would only be on video when Kennedy received her tickets. Stacey could see Kennedy's nerves were getting to her as she fidgeted next to her.

A few minutes later Sarah the interviewer entered the hallway.

"Hi Kennedy, you ready to start?" She asked the little girl smiling.

"Yeah I think so." Kennedy responded.

"Don't worry I won't ask you anything hard and if you get stuck we can always start over." Sarah told her has she put her hand out to Kennedy.

The little girl smiled up at Sarah and took her hand. Sarah led them into the room with Stacey following behind them. Sarah walked Kennedy through everything they were going to do to prep for the interview. Stacey stood to the back of the room watching she knew Kennedy was in good hands but if her daughter needed anything she was right there to step in. Kennedy and Sarah began there interview, Stacey smiled as she watched her daughter answered the questions with complete ease. About halfway through the interview Stacey's phone started to buzz in her pocket, she stepped into the hallway to answer the call.

"Hello." She answered.

"Hey babygirl!" She heard on the other end of the line. "How'd Kennedy's interview go? Joe asked excitedly. "Did she freak when she found out she's coming to Indy?"

"Whoa calm down big man. She's not done yet she's still in the middle of the interview." Stacey said with a laugh. She couldn't believe Joe's excitement over Kennedy's interview.

"Oh..." He said his voice laced with disappointment. "I was hoping I would get to talk to her before I boarded this plane."

"Aww don't worry I'll video tape her reaction and we will call you after. I know she will want to talk to you."

The pair chatted for a few more minutes about Joe's destination and a few random things before Stacey ended the call wanting to get back to her daughter and because Joe had a plane to catch and she didn't want him to get in trouble for missing his flight.

As she returned to the room she overheard Sarah ask Kennedy why she picked her wish. Stacey could feel her heart in her throat as she waited to hear Kennedy's answer.

"Before I got sick my mommy was always happy, we had so much fun together. I don't have a daddy so it's just me and her; she's my best friend in the whole world. I wanted to see her happy again. She cried a lot when I got sick, she doesn't know that I saw her crying. It made me sad that I made her cry that much." Tear welled up in Stacey's as she heard Kennedy's answer and she could see that Sarah herself was struggling to keep it together.