Chapter 14

Joe and Dean arrived at the arena and began to unload the car. The pair had spent most of the car ride catching up about their time off and the shows coming up.

"I have something to show you later." Joe told Dean as they walked into the arena. "Kennedy did her interview today and they surprised her with the tickets for Survivor Series."

"Nice. What did she say? Was she excited?" Dean asked.

"Very, Stacey videotaped the whole thing and sent it to me. That's what I wanted to show you."

"Sweet, catch me in catering later so I can see it." Dean said as he turned the corner to head to meeting he had with the writers and creative team.

Joe continued through the hallways in the back of the arena to find the locker room, he changed and got ready for the show before heading to meet Dean and his cousins Jonathan and Joshua for dinner in catering. Once in catering Joe grabbed a plate of food and sat down. He was about to pick up his phone to call Stacey when he heard Dean enter the room.

"Hey man how was your meeting?" Joe asked as his best friend sat down with a plate full of food.

"Good. They are thinking of having me start a feud with Lesnar, wanted to make sure I was cool with it. Apparently some of the people around here refuse to work with him." Dean responded as he shoved a fork full of chicken into his mouth.

"Really? That's awesome. And yea I've heard that rumor too. I didn't have any issues with him, he was a good dude."

"So where's this video Stacey sent that you wanted to show me?" Dean asked making Joe smile before typing in the password on his phone and pulling up the video Stacey had sent him before handing it over. Dean chuckled as he watched Kennedy get excited as he and his coworker and best friend appeared on the screen tell her about her surprise.

"Cute. I knew that kid liked me better then you. Look how excited she was when I came on the screen." Dean said with his infamous smirk handing Joe back his phone.

"Yeah it's not a secret that your Kennedy's favorite wrestler. I mean kids can relate to you since you're so immature." Joe said with a laugh earning him a glare and a punch in the shoulder.

"Uce, man thanks for waiting for us! There's probably no food left now!" Jonathan one of Joe's cousins called out to him as he entered the room.

"You aren't new to the family. You know the rules! You show up late you get the scraps" Joe countered making Trinity and Joshua laugh. Once the twins and Trinity were finished getting their food they joined the two men.

"So what's new big man?" One of the cousins asked Joe.

"Not much I was just showing Dean here a video of Kennedy's reaction to finding out she is going to be WWE's special guest at Survivor Series."

"Awesome I bet she and Stacey are excited to come back."

"They are." Joe said happily before taking a sip of his water.

"Have you two talked about... you know who." Joshua asked as Joe looked down at his plate trying to avoid the eyes on him.

"You still haven't told her have you?" Dean asked when Joe got quiet.

"No, I haven't." Joe began to whisper so that others in the room wouldn't hear the conversation. "Every time we've talked it didn't seem appropriate. I was going to tell her last week when she was here but then she wasn't feeling well and I became more concerned with taking care of her." Joe told his cousins and friend.

"All I'm gonna say is you need to talk to your girl Uce before this problem gets bigger than it already is." Trinity replied.

"Yeah I know. What's even worse is I ran into Charlotte the night Stacey got sick on my way back from your room and she offered to come take care of me cause she thought the heating pad and meds were for me. Man, you should have seen her face, when I told her they were for my girlfriend, she looked so mad."