Chapter 5

A few weeks had passed since Kennedy's wish trip. And what had started as picture message to Joe of Kennedy covered head to toe in WWE gear on her way to visit the doctor's and a picture of a sleeping Jordan with a stuffed animal purchased at the aquarium quickly became an everyday text conversation between Joe and Stacey. The two had not seen each other since they left the diner in Florida.

The rest of the wish trip had been great; the girls had spent more time in Orlando at the performance center and NXT and they were even able to take in a house since the main roster had not left Florida yet. Unfortunately Joe was not at the shows since he was still having family time with his daughter.

Joe was sitting with his best friend Dean in catering at a house show when his phone went off on the table. He quickly picked it up and smiled as he responded.

"What's got you so happy?" Dean asked him.

"It's nothing man I'm just talking to a friend" Joe replied trying to play it cool.

"Don't look like nothing to me, you got that like look on your face like the cat that ate the canary"

"No I don't. I'm just talking to a friend about football that's all." Dean scrunched up his face.

"I'm your friend and you don't look like that when we talk about football" Dean's comment finally made Joe put the phone down and look at his friend.

"Okay, I'm talking to a girl and I'm definitely interested in her, I'm just not sure how she feels about taking the next step."

"I KNEW IT!" Dean shouted causing everyone in catering to turn and look at the two men.

"Man, keep it down, I don't need everyone here in my business" Joe told his friend.

"Oh man who is it? That hot blonde who just got signed to NXT? Or is it new wardrobe girl with the big tits?"

"What! No! It's not either of them. Remember the little girl a few weeks ago whose wish I granted?"

"Yeah Kylie or Kendra, something like that, you took her mom to dinner while showed her around. Cool kid. Aunt was hot too." Joe exhaled and shook his head at Dean.

"It was Kennedy and well... Yeah her mom and I hit it off on our dinner. We ended up going out again later in the week with the kids and we've been talking the last few weeks. I think I really like her."

"No shit! You got with that girl's mom! Talk about making a wish come true. Hope daddy at home wasn't too mad when they got back." Joe just starred at his best friend sometimes he was too much even for Joe. They were best friends but polar opposites especially when it came to women. Dean was the fuck 'em and leave' em type were as Joe was mister romance and long term relationship.

"First off, I didn't get with anyone. We went to a dinner that was set up by someone else and then took our kids to the aquarium together. And two, I know for a fact Stacey's single and Kennedy's dad isn't around."

"So what's the problem then? Man the fuck up and ask her out! You're Roman freaking Reigns women love you!" Joe couldn't help but let out a laugh only Dean could say this stuff and get away with it.

"I don't know man, I'm not even sure she's into me like that and she's in Ohio. How am I gonna make that work?"

"Dude didn't her kid say she had a crush on you that's why you granted the wish instead of golden boy Cena. Plus aren't we headed up to Ohio in a week or two?"

"Yeah but I don't think we will be around their area"

"She drives? Yes? So have her meet you someplace. Quit being a pussy and call her before I do. I caught her eyeing me up before she left on her little wish date with you" Dean told Joe. Joe growled slightly under his breath as he felt a twinge of jealously when Dean talked about calling Stacey.