Chapter 15

Hi Everyone, I am so incredibly sorry about the almost 8 month delay in this chapter. My original intentions were to take last summer off because they were adding to my job responsibilities which I was happy to accept even though I knew it was going to take time away from my writing and then start back with this chapter in the fall. Unfortunately at the end of summer my dad got sick and I ended up spending almost a month in the hospital with him. Thankfully he is okay and as long as he takes good care of himself he should be fine. After that it has been one thing or another that has kept from this chapter, which is annoying since most of the chapter had been written long before summer and just need a few things checked and added to it. But anyways here we are February of 2017 and its finally ready and I finally have time to post.

As always thank you for reading!

I don't own anyone or anything related to WWE.

Chapter 15

Exhausted didn't even cover how Joe was feeling right now as he sat in the airport waiting on his delayed flight. All he wanted to do was get home and sleep in a bed that wasn't in a hotel, he hadn't been sleeping well the last few days thanks to the constant travel he had been doing. WWE had just finished their big two week European tour and it had been nonstop since they had landed in London two weeks ago and in less than 3 days they would be participating in one of the biggest pay per views of the year. It also didn't help that their last night in Ireland all of the roster he was on decided to go for drinks in honor of a successful tour. He looked down at his watch it was 1 in the morning and he had been flying all day and he still had about 30 minutes before his plane arrived so by the time he landed in Cleveland it would be close to 330 in the morning and he probably wouldn't get to bed till almost 4. Sitting at the gate he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. Seeing Stacey's face and name pop up on the screen he smiled.

"Hey babygirl! What are you doing awake still?" He asked her.

"Hi Handsome. Just calling to see where you were and an ETA of when you would be here." Stacey replied.

Roman sighed raking his hands through his hair.

"I'm still in New York waiting on my plane. I've got about another 30 minutes, so I won't be to Cleveland till around 3:30. Please don't wait up for me. You must be exhausted from work and taking care of Kennedy.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to come home to a dark quiet house."

"I'm sure. Get some sleep we both have a busy weekends ahead of us." He told her.

"Okay if you insist. The keys are under the mat when you get here." Stacey replied.

"I do insist, please get some sleep. Hopefully I'll be there in a few hours."

"We will be here waiting." Her comment made Joe smile. While it didn't happen as often as he would like, it was nice to have a place to come home to with someone waiting for him.

The couple said their good byes and Joe hung up. He then put his headphones on listening to some music in order to pass the time before the plane arrived.

4:23am is what the clock in his rental car read as he pulled up to Stacey's apartment building. Joe quickly grabbed what he needed from the car everything else could be grabbed in the morning, before heading into the building. As quietly as he could Joe placed the key in the lock and turned the key entering the apartment. The apartment was completely dark except for a light in the kitchen that Stacey always kept on. Once in the apartment Joe locked the door and removed his shoes, leaving his bag in the entrance way so he didn't wake anyone dragging it down the hallway. Once he reached Stacey's bedroom he entered the room before removing his clothes stripping down to only his boxers. Stacey was fast asleep on one side of the bed. Carefully so as not to disturb her Joe climbed in on the other side of the bed turning to face Stacey's back. Almost as if her body knew he was there Stacey turned in her sleep toward Joe and cuddled into his chest. Joe smiled and chuckled to himself; she always insisted she didn't like cuddling when she slept but current position said otherwise. Joe wrapped his arms around his sleeping girlfriend and closed his eyes; it only took minutes before he was fast asleep.