CHAPTER 16

"Stacey wait!" Joe yelled as moved to follow her as she turned the corner and disappeared before looking over angrily at Charlotte who stood there with a smirk on her face.

"Oops, my bad Roman, I didn't think she would be back so quick." She said innocently.

"My bad? That's all you have to say!" Joe began to raise his voiced. "What the hell is wrong with you?" his words causing Charlotte to scoff.

"Get this through your head now!" Joe said practically growling "You and I will NEVER happen!" he told her as he pointed at her and then himself before turning again to follow the direction Stacey had gone.

"You really, you want to be with someone like that?" Her words caused Joe to stop his movements and look at her. "She isn't one of us Roman; she doesn't understand this life or what it takes to be in this business and the pressure of being the child of a WWE legend." Charlotte told him hatefully since he wasn't just giving in to her the way she wanted.

Joe took a deep breath before turning to face her, he could feel his temper rising and he wasn't about to lose his cool at work or to let her see that she was getting to him.

"Her not being "one of us" is exactly why I love her. She isn't a part of this business and she doesn't care if I'm Roman Reigns or not. Now if you'll excuse me I need to find my girlfriend and fix this." He told her calmly but firmly. As he started to turn to walk away Charlotte reached out and touching his bicep.

"Roman come on..." She said. Feeling her touch his bicep her turned back and glared at her.

"Don't you ever touch me or come near my family again, you got that!" He said before yanking his arm away taking off after Stacey leaving Charlotte standing in the middle of the corridor alone.

Stacey walked as fast she could without running to get away from the two superstars. She heard Joe call after but she refused to turn around. She didn't need to hear him tell her that everything Charlotte had told her a few weeks ago were true. That all this time he played her like a fool, this whole thing was nothing but a publicity stunt. She started to slow her pace as she reached the exit to the building as not to alarm Dean who had been watching Kennedy while she went to get her things or Kennedy to the situation going on. Kennedy didn't need to be involved in adult drama and Dean would find out soon enough what had happen if he didn't already know.

When she arrived at the exit Kennedy and Dean were messing around with each other and had not noticed her return.

"Come on Kennedy it's time to go." She said as calmly as she could as she handed Kennedy her coat.

"Where's big man?" Dean asked.

"He's coming; he was in the middle of talking to someone." Stacey answered quickly.

"You aren't going to wait for him?" Dean asked.

"No, he said it's fine. It is way past her bedtime I need to get her to bed. Bye Dean thanks for watching her." Stacey told him before grabbing her daughter's hand and opening the door.

"It was no problem, have a good night." Dean said slightly confused at Stacey's response before smiling down at Kennedy. "Bye kiddo I'll see you around."

"Bye Dean!" Kennedy said smiling at him before she and her mother exited the building.

A few minutes later Joe came jogging around the corner with his stuff in hand and his phone to his ear with panicked look on his face.

"Did Stacey leave yet? Please tell me she's still here." He asked Dean hanging up the call he was on.

"They walked out a few minutes ago. She said you told her it was okay if they left. Is everything cool?"