Chapter 6

Stacey woke up the next morning feeling warm, very warm. She could also feel something heavy holding her down around the middle of her body. As she slowly opened her eyes she noticed that she was completely covered up with the blankets from the bed. She wasn't completely sure how she ended up under them since the last thing she remembered from the night before was sitting on the bed watching a movie with Joe. She rolled from her side onto her back she quickly realized why she was so warm and what was holding her down. Joe was lying on his side asleep next to her with his arm over her midsection. She smiled at how peaceful he looked while sleeping, his long black hair going every direction was a stark contrast from the all-white pillows they were laying on. A few seconds later she heard a groan and the arm around her tightened slightly before pulling away completely.

"Good Morning" Stacey said quietly to Joe who was now rolling from his side to his back.

"Hey, babygirl did you sleep good?"

"Yeah I did. But how'd we end up like this?"

"Well, we fell asleep watching the movie and I woke up like 2 hours later soaking wet because I forgot about the ice on my shoulder. So I got up and threw out the ice and when I came back in the room I could see you were shivering from the AC so I covered you up. Since my pillow was wet I moved to the pillows in the middle." Joe explained.

"Okay I was just..." before Stacey could continue Joe interrupted her.

"But the snuggling... babygirl that was all you." Joe said with a smirk on his face.

"WHAT! No it wasn't!" Stacey exclaimed smacking Joe's arm lightly.

"Oh yes it was. As soon as I moved to the middle of the bed you snuggled up closer!" Joe said before he started laughing.

"I must have really been cold" Stacey said with a laugh.

"That is an amazing sound."

"What is?"

"Your laugh, it's perfect. You should do it more often." Joe stated causing Stacey to blush.

"There hasn't been much to laugh and smile in the last year or so" she stated honestly.

"Well that's about change starting now. I'm ordering breakfast" Stacey giggled again which made Joe smile bigger as he picked up the phone and called down for room service. While Joe was ordering Stacey took this time to go into the bathroom and get ready for the day.

When Stacey came back from getting ready Joe was also dressed for the day sitting on couch in their room with a table of food in front of him.

"Breakfast is here. I remember you said you liked French toast and bacon so that's what I ordered and coffee of course"

"I can't believe you remember that! We talked about that a while ago" Stacey said with a huge grin on her face as she sat down in the chair across from him.

"Of course I remember. I was planning this date even back then." Joe's words causing Stacey to look down and blush.

"Thank you it looks delicious" She told him quietly.

The two remained silent while they dug into their breakfast before Stacey broke the silence again.

"Joe, what did you mean you were planning this day back then?" she asked curiously.

"Just what it sounds like." She looked across the table at him hoping he would continue his explanation.

"I knew after the day at the aquarium I wanted had to see you again. Dinner together that first night was great but I wasn't sure if I should do anything about it given the circumstances of how we met. But something told me to take a chance so that's why I asked you to the aquarium I figured if it didn't work I could still have a fun day with Jordan. I had an amazing time that day and so did she. That's when I knew there was something special here; I just didn't know how you felt about me. It took Dean to make me see that I was being a pussy and I should just ask you but I didn't want you to think I was only here for some kind of publicity stunt and not because I really like you and care a great deal about both you and Kennedy."