Chapter 2

Present

Today was finally the big day. It had taken a few months but Kennedy's doctors had finally given her the okay to fly and go have her wish fulfilled and it had taken some time for Kim and Danielle to plan all of the logistics for Kennedy's wish.

"Kennedy Elyse let's go! We don't want to miss our flight!" Stacey yelled down the hallway of their two bedroom apartment.

"Coming Mommy I'm just trying to get my sandal on." Kennedy called back. A few moments later she came running down the hall toward her mom, her chin length curly brown hair going everywhere.

"I'm ready now Mommy let's go!"

Stacey locked up the apartment and the two girls headed down to her silver Ford Escape. Stacey had been smart by packing both Kennedy's and her suitcase in the car the night before.

"Alright pretty girl are you ready? Aunt Maggie is meeting us at the airport with Gramma and Papa." Stacey said as she and Kennedy got into the SUV.

"YES!" The little girl screamed and threw her hands in the air.

The two girls arrived at the airport and were greeted by Maggie and their parents along with Kim and Danielle from Make a Wish.

Stacey, Kennedy, and Maggie kissed her parents goodbye and headed through the airport to find their gate. It was here where Stacey would finally learn where there were going. All she had been told by everyone was to pack summer clothes. As they reached the boarding gate she finally saw they were headed to Orlando.

"Kennedy, I thought you said you didn't want to go to Disney because you have already been there?" Stacey asked her daughter confused.

"We're not going to see Mickey Mommy and that's all I'm going to tell you until we get to where my wish is." The little girl replied. Stacey shook her head and laughed.

3 hours later the girls arrived in Florida. Kim and Danielle had surprised them with a limo to take them around all week. They arrived at a fancy hotel in the heart of Orlando. Once again they girls were treated to five star accommodations when they were told they would be staying in one of the hotels finest and largest suites.

"Alright ladies we will let you settled and we will be by around 3 to pick you up for the start of Kennedy's wish." Kim told them.

"Thank you ladies we will see you then." Stacey said as the women turned to walk out the door.

"So Kennedy are you going to fill me in on what we are going to do today?" Stacey asked her daughter.

"No Mommy it's still a surprise. Just dress in your pretty jeans and your favorite pink shirt you packed." Kennedy told her as she lay across one of the beds in the suite laying her head on her aunt's lap.

"Alright, while I do that why don't you and Aunt Maggie take a little nap since you didn't sleep on the plane," Stacey told her.

There was no response from Kennedy when Stacey looked down Kennedy was already asleep.

3 o'clock came around and Kennedy was just getting the finishing touches done on her hair by her aunt when they heard a knock on the hotel room door. She quickly ran to the door and opened it with Maggie not far behind.

"Hi Kennedy, ready to have your wish come true?" Kim asked her.

"Yes Miss Kim I can't wait! It's hard to keep secrets like this." The little girl explained

"Well if you just tell me what your wish is then you wouldn't have to keep the secret." Stacey stated as she came out the bedroom dressed in the outfit Kennedy had requested. She was wearing her white skinny jean capris and a sheer pink top with black polka dots on it and with a match bralette underneath and black sandals.