Chapter 5

A/N hey everyone. Wow 59 reads. I'm pretty happy with that. Didn't really expect much of this story.
So I received a message that my chapters were too long and in too much detail. Just wanting to know what you all think. Personally I hate short chapters and ones that glide over the events, I try to make mine more in really time rather then skipping things. But I really wanna know what you all think because if that's how you all feel I'll make them shorter.
So this chapter is the beginning of Daryl and Char. I'm trying not to rush things and this may seem rushed but I still have things planned and remember this is a love story between the two so I do want it to be there survival and how they make it in this world.
Anyways happy reading and on with the story :)

Chapter 5

I woke up to movement beside me, I opened my eyes slowly to adjust to the light. I rolled over to see Daryl trying to sit up.

"Hey, where you going?" I asked sitting up and running to his side of the bed to help him.

"I don't need ya," he grumbled back.

I took a step back and looked at him in disbelief as he sat up.

"Don't ya have somethin' else to do," he added.

"Suit yourself," I muttered turning around to leave, I was stopped when someone pulled on my wrist.

"Sorry," I heard behind me I didn't turn around.

"Wish you'd quit pushing me away every time I get close," I replied ripping my arm out of his grasp and leaving the room. I walked out of the house to join the rest of the group on the duties around camp.

I joined Rick, Jimmy and Shane at the hood of the car to discuss what to do about Sophia.

"Hey! Peach man," Shane whistled to get Glenn's attention. I took a second for Glenn to start making his way over.

"The creek flows south, past that farmhouse Daryl found," Rick spoke, "Maybe Sophia dropped the doll there, and the current brought it downstream."

"So what, you think she took this road here and then she went north?" Shane asked to clarify.

"Yeah," he nodded.

"What's up that way?" I asked Jimmy.

"A housing development. It went in maybe 10 years ago," Jimmy replied.

"Take a run up there after gun practice. I'll hold down the fort here, but take backup. After what went down with Daryl, I don't want anyone going out alone. We stay in pairs," Rick explained, I agreed. Daryl going out by himself was stupid and nearly got him killed.

"I'll take suggestions on a partner," Shane replied as Glenn reached us with the basket full of peaches.

"See how they do on the range, then take your pick," Rick suggested.

"Thanks," I smiled at Glenn as I grabbed a peach and some beef jerky that was in there as well. Glenn just stood there awkwardly for a while, is everything ok with him.

"My binoculars," Shane pointed out.

"Yeah, yeah," Glenn spoke taking them off and handing them over, he then started to walk away, "Okay, bye."

Rick and Shane both laughed at how awkward that kid was being, something must be up for that to have happened.

"Charlotte wanna help me train them today?" Shane asked.

"Sure," I nodded.

"We'd like to join you for gun training today," Beth spoke as her and Patricia joined us.