Chapter 22

A/N hey everyone. So here's chapter 22. Hope you all like it.
This chapter is dedicated to @steph_27_01 @DDD4life @clduncan and minniemouse2879 thank you for posting a vote. Emma was the winner. Congrats to the three who voted for that name and don't worry as a runner up I will create a character called Christine later on in the story :)
There's a kind of point I want an opinion on. Do you guys think that young people like maybe 14 and under should be writing stories about adults? It's just I was reading a couple of stories all written by young author who were trying to act like adults and it was just so obvious as an adult myself that they have no clue how the world works or how adults think and act. Many of the stories I like are written by people who know what they are writing about. Not writing what they don't know. Like I read one about a high school student and it was written by a high school student. If you understand that...thoughts?
Anyways enjoy the chapter.

Chapter 22

It's been three weeks since the Tyreese incidence and we're out of everything, water, food, shelter etc. We keep walking around, looking for something, anything, to keep us going without much luck but I don't know what we're even looking for.

Daryl is still going off by himself, he's completely isolated himself from everything, including me. Doesn't even acknowledge my existence anymore. I know he feels personally responsible for Beth but he's going to get himself killed at this point.

A few of the group had gone out to look for water in the forest. Daryl went off with them. I really needed to talk to him before something happens. They came back with nothing and we got into the cars to see how far we could get on the fuel we had left. We didn't get far.

"We're out, just like the other one," Abraham spoke.

"So we walk," Rick responded and we got out of the car and started walking, Daryl still avoiding me like the plague.

"We're not at our strongest," Rick said to Daryl as we were walking along, "We'll get 'em when it's best. High ground, something like that. They're not going anywhere. It's been three weeks since Atlanta. I know you lost something back there."

"She's hungry," Daryl spoke changing the subject when Judith started fussing. That's the first I've heard him speak in weeks.

"She's okay," Rick spoke, "She's going to be okay."

"We need to find water, food," Daryl pointed out.

"We'll hit something in the road," Rick explained, "It's gonna rain sooner or later."

"I'm gonna head out," Daryl said, "See what I can find."

"Hey, don't be too long," Rick replied.

"I'll go with you," Carol tried.

"I got it," Daryl snapped and walked away.

"You gonna stop me," and Carol followed him in. I stood still and watched as she followed him into the forest. Funny the relationship they have, he trusts her more than me. I know that.

"He'll come around," I looked to the side to see Glenn standing next to me.

"I'm not so sure," I replied turning to follow the group.

We kept walking down the road, soon a bunch of walkers were behind us. Rick didn't want to risk going up against them because no one had any energy.

"Here," I looked to Rick who was holding up half of what appeared to be a power bar.

I shook my head, "Give it to Judith or Carl."

"You need it," Carl spoke.

"Kids right," Abraham joined in.