Chapter 17

A/N hey everyone. OMG two updates in one night what is this. Well the Internet was down and I couldn't do my assignment so you guys got lucky - procrastination for the win right?
Anyways this is where the story gets a little bit confusing obviously for this who know the show know that when everyone separates their stories are all happenings at once. So try to read each POV from where the last one finished off not where the last person finished off.....if that makes sense.
Anyways enjoy :)
Don't forget to comment thoughts people!

Chapter 17

Daryl's POV

Beth and I kept runnin', kept going. We didn't stop, not until we could going any longer and collapsed into an open field to catch our breath. We'd been runnin' that long surely they weren't behind us no more. Soon the sun went down and we were in the dark, I built us a fire to keep us warm and we just sat around, in silence. Beth and I had never really been alone before, didn't know how to be around an 18yr old girl.

"We should do something," Beth said breakin' the silence, I just kept looking at the fire, "We should do something. We aren't the only survivors. We can't be. Rick, Michonne, they could be out here. Charlie could be. Maggie and Glenn could have made it out of A block. They could've. You're a tracker. You can track. Come on. The sun will be up soon. If we head out now, we can.....Fine. If you won't track, I will."

And she left. Is she stupid? Probably go after her though. I stood up and kicked out the fire and followed after her. We kept going for quite a while, the sun was well and truly up by now and we'd been walking for what felt like ages. As we were walking I looked down at the ground, looking for anything, a track, a belonging, just anything. Suddenly I saw something and I crouched down, Beth soon joined my side, curious as to what I had found.

"Could be Luke's," Beth spoke when she saw a tiny boot print, "Or Molly's. Whoever they are, it means they're alive."

"No," I replied, "This means they were alive four or five hours ago."

"They're alive," Beth spoke loudly before walking away, geesh women.

We kept following the trail, or rather Beth followed, and I just followed her, try to keep her alive. I suddenly saw the trail lead off, Beth missed that.

"They picked up the pace right here," I pointed to the ground where they had stopped to eat, "Got out in a hurry. Things went bad."

"Wouldn't kill you to have a little faith," Beth snapped a little.

"Yeah, faith," I snorted, "Faith ain't done shit for us. Sure as hell didn't do nothing for your father."

I turned around to look at her and she looked like she wanted to argue but she stopped herself and turned around and started picking something off the trees.

"They'll be hungry when we find them," she spoke, I took out another rag of mine and past it to her so she could wrap the food in it and she did and I kept following the path. We kept walking and came across two dead walker on the ground. I took a good look and found blood on a bush nearby.

"What?" Beth asked.

"That ain't walker blood," I pointed out.

"The trail keeps going," Beth spoke walking ahead, "They fought them off."

"No," I spoke taking a good look around, "Got walker tracks all up and down here. At least a dozen of them."

We heard a snap and Beth took out her knife, I had a look around before I heard growls and a scream, where a walker was attacking Beth. I tried to raise my bow but there was too much struggling, I could hit her. I reached for my knife but that was gone so I lunged forward and pulled the walker back and sat on it on the floor. I saw Beth grab her knife so I rolled over and Beth stabbed it in the head.