Chapter 29

A/N hey everyone, another chapter yay!!!! I'm trying to get a couple of more chapters up before I got back uni next week as my writing may be slowed down again and I really want to keep updating for you guys.

Thank you for all the love in my last chapter, I received a few messages from people welcoming me back and saying thank you for updating and I love this book. And it is more appreciated than I can possibly describe with words. That doesn't sound like very good English but you guys get what I mean right. Good :P

Anyways, again this is not a big chapter but it is very content heavy so I shortened it on purpose. Enjoy :)

Chapter 29

There we all were stuck in the infirmary surrounded by walkers with no way out. The stuff of a horrible nightmare. None of us knew what to do or what we were even waiting for. We were all holding on as long as we could. That meant that we moved all the patients upstairs, we blocked all the doors except one – for anyone who needed to come in – and we kept quiet.

Suddenly the door bursts open and we all raised our weapons. Denise ran through the door and we closed it immediately after.

"You okay?" Spencer asked her.

"I'm fine," Denise spoke, "How are my patients?"

"They're doing well," I spoke standing up, "We moved them upstairs just in case."

"Oh, my God," Aaron spoke as he looked out the window.

Denise had a look out too and then she took a deep breath.

"It's the kid," Aaron spoke.

"Is he bit?" I asked.

"Nope," Denise replied walking into the room.

"What?" Aaron asked.

"I need bandages," Denise ordered, "Top shelf, next to the sink. Two IVs from the fridge and all the clean towels you can find. Aaron, grab the gurney."

Denise then opened the front door and a distraught Rick carried in a broken Carl. Gunshot to the eye.

"This is a gunshot?" Denise asked as Rick ran by her and laid Carl down on the gurney.

"Handgun," Michonne replied running in after and closing the door, "Close range."

"Please save him," Rick cried, "Please."

I started to feel sick again so I had to pull back a little bit.

"Charlie," Eric spoke from behind me, "Come on that kid needs you."

I took a deep breath in and composed myself before turning around and heading towards Carl to assess the situation.

"Okay, we need to keep pressure on the wound," I spoke.

"I'll go in and sew up any lacerations," Denise spoke.

Everything was happening so fast I didn't even notice when Rick ran out the door with his weapon.

"Rick! Rick!" I yelled after him.

I followed to the door but Eric grabbed my arm.

"You can't," he spoke.

"He can't be out there by himself," I spoke, "He needs help."

"He's taking them all on," Aaron spoke.

"We have to go get him," Heath added.

"What?" Spencer asked.

"We have to," Heath replied, "This is it."