Chapter 28

A/N hey everyone, so at this point I'm not even sure if anyone is reading this anymore. However thank you to those who are. I can't even begin to explain why I haven't updated in so long but all I can say is that I am really sorry. Life got really busy and I've had to take a break from a lot of things due to my mental health. I hope you all can understand that.

Anyways this story will be coming to an end very soon, just because I really don't like where the series is going I will finish this part of the series and then write a couple of chapters of my own before drawing this book to an end. Thank you to those who have been here from the beginning, you're comments and messages of encouragement have helped me a lot and I can't thank you guys enough.

Sorry for the short chapter but hope you all like it :)

Chapter 28

I was starting to worry about Daryl, real bad. I had no idea what was going on, where he was and it didn't help that it was now pitch black. After Maggie and I had finished rubbing Glenn's name off the wall and we climbed back up the watch point to stand guard. We stood there in silence, we didn't have anything to say to one another I suppose, I imagine that she was just as worried as I was and that meant playing every bad scenario in our heads. At this point I don't think a single good thought had run through my head about what Daryl was doing out there.

"Hey you two," Rosita said as she climbed up, "Here to relieve you both."

"I'll stay," Maggie spoke not breaking her stare out into the dark.

"You need some sleep Maggie," I spoke.

"I need to be here," she replied.

"If there is any sign of Glenn you'll be the first to know," Rosita smiled, "I promise."

Maggie finally broke her stare and nodded. She handed her gun to Rosita and climbed down the ladder. I was still looking out into the darkness hoping to see a rough looking figure run towards the gate.

"If Daryl shows up you'll know," Rosita added.

"Thank you," I spoke softly and I climbed down myself.

Walking down the road all I could hear was the groans and slams against the wall. I wish it would stop, it was very unsettling. Didn't help that all I could think was with the walkers out there how impossible it was going to be for Daryl to get through.

I walked past Aaron and Eric's house and saw that there was a small light on in the living room. I walked up to the door and knocked. When the door opened and it was Aaron who appeared on the other side with a soft smile on his face.

"Hey Charlie," Aaron said, "You wanna come in?"

I nodded, "Thanks."

I entered the living room to find Eric sitting on the couch.

"Everything ok?" Aaron asked as he joined my side.

I didn't say anything, I didn't know what to say.

"You worried?" Eric asked.

"He should've been back by now," I spoke switching eye contact with the two, "I overheard Rick talking to Carol earlier. At the speed they were going they should have finished the 20 miles about 4 hrs ago, and they should've been back before sunset."

"Maybe they camped for the night," Eric suggested.

I shook my head, "Daryl knew that half the herd was coming back here, Rick told him. He would've wanted to get back here as soon as he possibly could've."