Chapter 30

A/N hey everyone so I regret to inform you that this will be the last chapter. I know sad face right! There will be an epilogue so don't worry this is not the finale.  So I have loved writing this book for you guys and please let me know what you have thought and what you would like to see happen in the epilogue.

Enjoy :)

Chapter 30

I was standing in an empty field. The sun was shining, the sky was bright blue, the grass was a radiant green, the air was fresh and the soft breeze provided a slight chill to the air. It was beautiful. A kind of beauty that was very hard to come by and seen only if you stop long enough.

The world I live in now isn't like that. It's hard to find the beauty even when you stop. This world just has none in the way of scenery but only find in the moments shared between the ones you love, between families.

I was reminded of that when I started to wake up and remember where I was. The strong bond the group has after everything we've been through. But the man I love more than anything in the world was sitting right beside me. Explaining to me what had happened, like I had hit my head and forgotten, but I could never forget.

"Denise said to recover over the next week or so," Daryl spoke looking at me like I was a bird with a broken wing who needed cradling, "Not allowed to do anything to hard. She said to go for a walk every now and then."

"Daryl," I finally got a word in.

"Yeah."

"I know what to do," I smiled, as I sat up, "I was a doctor remember."

"I know babe," he replied, shuffling closer, "But she wanted me to make sure you rested and looked after yourself. You did pass out."

"After last night can it really surprise you?"

He went quiet, the kind of quiet he goes when you've struck something within him. Something he won't tell you about unless you know the signs that he is hiding something. And I know the signs all too well.

"Is everything ok?" I asked resting my hand on his.

He nodded.

"Dare," I spoke in a soft and caring voice, or at least that's how I tried to make it sound.

"Nothing."

"You know I don't believe you right," I smiled.

"Last night," he started, "When I saw ya fightin'.......I was scared."

"You were?"

He nodded and I had no clue what to say. I grabbed a hold of both his hands and I crossed my legs in front of me.

"I realised that ya were a part of me. I've always loved you but last night, and just now....I think it really hit me, it hit me what that actually means. I kept thinking 'what if it goes wrong' 'what if I lose ya' and I was terrified cause it'd be like losin' myself. I love you more than I can put into words and I want you save. I don't ever want to lose you."

I looked at him in awe, never has Daryl opened up to me like this. Exposed himself in this way. I was speechless.

"Last night there was a possibility I could've lost you," his eyes started to tear up, "And I was terrified, so scared that I was going too. You are a part of me, Char, ya are and I don't ever want to feel like I did last night. Cause I hated it. From the minute I met you I wanted to change, to be the man you deserve. I don't ever want to let you down."

I was in tears at this point. I brought my hand up and placed it on his cheek lovingly.

"I love you Dare" I smiled, "You could never let me down and I don't want you to change. I love the man you are."