Chapter 23

A/N hey everyone. How we all on this beautiful Wednesday? I'm great. I thought I'd update early because I have all my exams next week so no update next week I'm afraid :/
Anyways enjoy the chapter and let me know what you think :)

Chapter 23

We stood in front of the gates in a state of shock, Aaron wasn't lying about the size of the fences. We started to approach it slow and steady, Daryl clutching to my hand like his life depended on it. It was cute but starting to hurt a little, I didn't say anything though, he needed to know I was protect from whatever was in there and I liked how possessive he was sometimes.

Aaron carried Eric inside the gates and then let him go off by himself. There was a rattle and Daryl let go of my hand and shot his bow up in a ready position, ready to fire. An animal appeared and he shot it quickly and picked it up.

A stranger appeared from the gate and looked at Daryl strangely.

"We brought dinner," Daryl spoke holding up the animal, come on man be civilised.

"It's okay," Aaron spoke, "Come on in, guys."

We all walked forward and through the gate, Daryl now holding a dead animal still walked close beside me as we entered and got our first look at the community inside. Once we were all in the gate closed behind us and a trapped sort of feeling fell over me.

"Before we take this any further, I need you all to turn over your weapons," the stranger spoke, "Stay, you hand them over."

"We don't know if we want to stay," Rick stepped forward.

"It's fine, Nicholas," Aaron spoke.

"If we were gonna use them, we would have started already," Rick pointed out.

"Let them talk to Deanna first," Aaron explained to Nicholas.

"Who's Deanna?" Abraham asked.

"She knows everything you'd want to know about this place," Aaron replied, "Rick, why don't you start?"

A walker snarl started behind us and I turned to see a walked approaching the gate.

"Sasha," Rick spoke. Sasha raised her gun and shot the walker from a pretty neat distance, "It's a good thing we're here."

Aaron started to walk further into the town and we all followed, Daryl swung his bow over his shoulder and held onto my hand. Great me in one hand and a dead animal in the other, how flattering.

"Deanna is through there," Aaron explained as we reached a big building, "She'll want to talk to you all individually, Rick you want to go first?"

Rick handed Judith over to Carl and entered the building. We all waited outside in anticipation for what was to come next or what our move would be if this all went south.

Aaron left and a lady appeared with a tray for us to lay our weapons on. Rick and I'm assuming the lady was Deanna appeared from the steps.

"They're still your guns," the lady explained as we all started to give up our weapons, "You can check them out whenever you go beyond the wall but inside here, we store them for safety."

It was my turn so I took out my gun and placed it on the tray, I didn't give up the four knives I had stashed though. They were mine.

"Should have brought another bin," the lady spoke as she rolled our weapons away.

"Rick you go with Aaron, he'll show you where you all will be staying, everyone else one at a time I wanna have a chat," Deanna spoke.

Rick took Carl with him while the rest of us stayed. Daryl was called in first and he looked over at me, I nodded saying it was ok for him to go in but he looked hesitant.